Service cost

nimay

Aug 26, 2004
I'm suffering from a bit of shock here. Having read the above responses I was expecting anywhere between £100 to £130 for the 10k service, London area dealers often charge higher. But I have had 2 quotes one of £190 and the other of £195 and the Milton Keynes dealer didn't ring back, which is exactly what they did when I was trying to buy the car and why they didn't get the business. So do I go convenient (they'll collect from my office) and expensive or take a day off and go further afield to get the service done?

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
That sounds rather expensive Nimay! Just had my 10k done last week and it came to £107 including a small top-up of the special PD oil that I needed...

Tell

Staff member
Nimay, interesting about MK [and funny you should say that] since I think that's the one close to the coach station:). There 10,000 miles service is £140 - I read it on their board whilst their chrome tail piece bit is expensive - I reckon they added VAT onto mine twice. I'm going off Seat in MK a bit.

I'm OK for service for a bit but I'd be interested to know service costs in North London. I know some people are talking about using Skoda dealers. I got one reasonable handy.... hmmmm

GW

20,000 mile service and free new mats

Just had my 20,000 mile service (@21,000) at Westgate Seat Grimsby £184. It would have been more, but you don't need a brake fluid change until 2yrs.

As i had forgot to mention the worn drivers mat at the 1st service, i asked about it this time and they replaced the mats free of charge, apparently there have been a few complaints to Seat.

Great service as usual, only downside, they pointed out 1 of the rear tyres had a deep cut into the cords. So i spent an extra £50 on the way home on a new tyre!

nimay

Aug 26, 2004
Finally got my service done. Paid 140 in the end by getting the dealer who would collect it from my office to price match the Milton Keynes one, so saved £55. I know its not as good as some but it saved taking a day off or travelling miles to get it done.

I complained about the bald spot on the drivers mat and I now have a complete new set. Also the grey trim on the B pillar which just sprang off one day is going to be replaced once the new bit has come in.

greeny

Jul 23, 2001
Hants
Visit site
You have had a result with the replacement mats...... although I am sure you will need new ones again at 20K.

Maybe Seat might change the service routine..... Oil, Filter, New Mats :rolleyes:

Dudemeister

ALTEA 2.0TDI SE Black Mag
Feb 19, 2002
Bromley, KENT
www.hulkhead.net
nimay said:
I'm suffering from a bit of shock here. Having read the above responses I was expecting anywhere between £100 to £130 for the 10k service, London area dealers often charge higher. But I have had 2 quotes one of £190 and the other of £195 and the Milton Keynes dealer didn't ring back, which is exactly what they did when I was trying to buy the car and why they didn't get the business. So do I go convenient (they'll collect from my office) and expensive or take a day off and go further afield to get the service done?

shock here too - just been quoted £190 for first service by dealer in Croydon. which is a shame as it is the nearest and easiet place to get to \ from.

greeny

Jul 23, 2001
Hants
Visit site
It is my understanding that you can get your Seat serviced at any VAG dealer be it Veedub Skoda or Audi without effecting the warranty in any way same goes for any warranty repairs also.

Not tried a Skoda dealer myself yet but come the 20k service ( 16k at present) will have a ring round if Skoda's cheaper thats where im going :)

Dudemeister

Feb 19, 2002
Bromley, KENT
www.hulkhead.net
well, i had the first service yesterday and it cost £130. They originally said £190 but gave me £50 off which was nice. Car service was ok and no problems. i asked them to check a possible oil leak (on the under tray by the drivers side front wheel) and it turned out to be the turbo hose clip was broken(?). It was replaced. i will still keep a eye on it.

loadswine

loadswine
Dudemeister said:
well, i had the first service yesterday and it cost £130. They originally said £190 but gave me £50 off which was nice. Car service was ok and no problems. i asked them to check a possible oil leak (on the under tray by the drivers side front wheel) and it turned out to be the turbo hose clip was broken(?). It was replaced. i will still keep a eye on it.

I think I know which dealer this is , Kinghams? Booked mine in for next week, got given a £50 voucher against the service, as they are trying to attract custom from the dealer where I got mine from who has shut down.
Some confusion over service intervals though, apparently you can have a 10k or a 12 month service/inspection. The latter is what I've gone for as mine is nearly a year old and just hapens to have done 10k.
Has anyone had a 10k and a yearly inspection?
My full quoted price for the yearly was £185.

Dudemeister

Feb 19, 2002
Bromley, KENT
www.hulkhead.net
loadswine said:
I think I know which dealer this is , Kinghams? Booked mine in for next week, got given a £50 voucher against the service, as they are trying to attract custom from the dealer where I got mine from who has shut down.
Some confusion over service intervals though, apparently you can have a 10k or a 12 month service/inspection. The latter is what I've gone for as mine is nearly a year old and just hapens to have done 10k.
Has anyone had a 10k and a yearly inspection?
My full quoted price for the yearly was £185.

Kinghams it was. I have used them since i first got my Leon cupra. i purchased the altea from them and they are the nearest seat service. They have always been very helpful. no problems at all.

loadswine

loadswine
Excellent Dude, gives me a bit of confidence at least. Couple of things I need them to check on the DSG, have to say the lady I spoke to in service recorded very accurately the items I wanted checking.Not least of these is the ECU upgrade to cure stalling. Will let you know how I get on.
Tell ,I thought about Skoda dealers too, but £50 off was quite persuasive.

loadswine

loadswine
Tell said:
[Had my 10k service last Saturday, cost a mere £82.00]

Seat dealer ?
Let me guess Tell,..... I'd say you went to a Skoda dealer then. If I'd just gone for a 10k instead of the 12 month I could have had that done for £115 at a Seat dealer. Most did not offer the 2 options though. Realy am confused about the required service intervals . I wonder if there are any Seat dealer experts out there who could explain this for me. :shrug: