Service costs

Apr 17, 2021
Hi all,

I searched but could not find anything Formentor specific.

Any idea what the servicing cost will be? I am trying to work out of I should bother with a service plan from SEAT or just pay on the day.

My lease will be for three years on relatively low mileage so not worth getting the maintenance package...before you ask!!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Hi all,

I searched but could not find anything Formentor specific.

Any idea what the servicing cost will be? I am trying to work out of I should bother with a service plan from SEAT or just pay on the day.

My lease will be for three years on relatively low mileage so not worth getting the maintenance package...before you ask!!

Thanks

Service plan is £404 for 1 minor and 1 major according to latest price list (covers two years), this can be purchased anytime via the Cupra website. There are often offers on servicing packs as part of purchase - I got mine for £199 (discounted from £399).

Apr 17, 2021
Service plan is £404 for 1 minor and 1 major according to latest price list (covers two years), this can be purchased anytime via the Cupra website. There are often offers on servicing packs as part of purchase - I got mine for £199 (discounted from £399).
Hi @Gregums

Where do you see this listed as I don't see any packages listed for the Formentor at cupraofficial.co.uk ?

The car will be leased from September onwards so I don't think I can buy at the discounted rate like I did for my Seat Leon.

Thanks

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
I think these can often be dealer specific. I had agreed to pay £150 for 2 services from my dealer before realising I qualified for CupraCare (3 years free servicing)

Reactions: Yaz2010

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Hi @Gregums

Where do you see this listed as I don't see any packages listed for the Formentor at cupraofficial.co.uk ?

The car will be leased from September onwards so I don't think I can buy at the discounted rate like I did for my Seat Leon.

Thanks

I'm sure its in the latest price list added yesterday?

Reactions: mm8718

Irishcrx

Apr 22, 2021
I bought mine last night and have the Cupra Care package , major and minor over three years ...however it’s stated first service isn’t until 30.000km which seems mental I won’t be leaving it that long

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
I bought mine last night and have the Cupra Care package , major and minor over three years ...however it’s stated first service isn’t until 30.000km which seems mental I won’t be leaving it that long
When you've done around 700km, the oil change interval will kick in and likely show circa 15-16,000km which is the minor service, the major service is the 30,000km currently showing.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
My oil service shows at 15700 miles and 586 days. When I do short trip, it goes down a bit, when I do long trips, it goes up.

I'm at 1600 miles right now and will be doing more longer trips.

I think, I will get away with one oil and inspection service during 2y lease.

CupraPoopra

Mar 15, 2021
My oil service shows at 15700 miles and 586 days. When I do short trip, it goes down a bit, when I do long trips, it goes up.

I'm at 1600 miles right now and will be doing more longer trips.

I think, I will get away with one oil and inspection service during 2y lease.
I’m hoping this too.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
So, as someone pointed out on Pistonheads, looks like inspection service date is exactly 2 years from production date. Shouldn't it be reset during PDI and run from that date? You can use online day counters to check the exact date of your inspection service. Mine falls exactly 2 years from production date.

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
So, as someone pointed out on Pistonheads, looks like inspection service date is exactly 2 years from production date. Shouldn't it be reset during PDI and run from that date? You can use online day counters to check the exact date of your inspection service. Mine falls exactly 2 years from production date.
This would be correct. When I got my mini back in 2017 in November, the service date was actually June 2019. It’s 2 years from when the oil is put in the car I was told, and not when you get the car. If that makes sense.

MattyD803

Mar 2, 2021
My vehicle was PDI'd just before I collected it in late March of this year. I believe it is a January 2021 built car. (11xxx VIN)

My service indicator correctly shows a remaining 17000mi to first oil change (around 630 days), but it is suggesting only 250-odd days until my inspection? i.e. one year?

Am I right in thinking that this has been incorrectly set up during either factory build or PDI, as I cannot imagine I need to go into the dealer for an 'inspection' before my first oil change, do I? I mean, its a lease, and i'll keep it serviced correctly, but not if this is just due to a mistake....?

Cheers

Matt

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
This would be correct. When I got my mini back in 2017 in November, the service date was actually June 2019. It’s 2 years from when the oil is put in the car I was told, and not when you get the car. If that makes sense.
Audi service worked differently and I expected the same from over VAGs. Inspection date wasn't related to production date. Car spent 9 months in stock, so it would require inspection after 1y3m of ownership, but it was closer to 2y from collection.

Not to mention my Abarth, which was 2.5y in stock before registration. Not sure if oil was changed before I collected it.

My vehicle was PDI'd just before I collected it in late March of this year. I believe it is a January 2021 built car. (11xxx VIN)

My service indicator correctly shows a remaining 17000mi to first oil change (around 630 days), but it is suggesting only 250-odd days until my inspection? i.e. one year?

Am I right in thinking that this has been incorrectly set up during either factory build or PDI, as I cannot imagine I need to go into the dealer for an 'inspection' before my first oil change, do I? I mean, its a lease, and i'll keep it serviced correctly, but not if this is just due to a mistake....?

Cheers

Matt
Looks like set up for annual service. Dealer should be able to change it for you.

MattyD803

Mar 2, 2021
Audi service worked differently and I expected the same from over VAGs. Inspection date wasn't related to production date. Car spent 9 months in stock, so it would require inspection after 1y3m of ownership, but it was closer to 2y from collection.

Not to mention my Abarth, which was 2.5y in stock before registration. Not sure if oil was changed before I collected it.

Looks like set up for annual service. Dealer should be able to change it for you.
Cheers, i'll give my local dealer a call tomorrow. I can imagine once I get a year in, its going to bong like mad every time I get in....?

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I spoke to my local dealership about servicing plans and they told me that "as i'm on a PCH I need to speak to the broker and take out a maintenance package" - does that seem right? I assumed they would be able to provide a service plan?

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
I spoke to my local dealership about servicing plans and they told me that "as i'm on a PCH I need to speak to the broker and take out a maintenance package" - does that seem right? I assumed they would be able to provide a service plan?
I haven’t taken out maintenance packages for the last 2 cars from my leasing company. I got a mini service package direct from my local BMW Mini dealer who serviced my car. It made no difference that the car was on PCH. strange that won’t sell you one. Thought it made no difference from reading their brochure.

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I haven’t taken out maintenance packages for the last 2 cars from my leasing company. I got a mini service package direct from my local BMW Mini dealer who serviced my car. It made no difference that the car was on PCH. strange that won’t sell you one. Thought it made no difference from reading their brochure.
I do wonder if they are a little bit bitter towards me. They allowed me 6 hours to test drive the car, I was planning to take out a PCH plan with them but they quoted some crazy figures (£446 a month with £4000 deposit with 10,000 miles over 2 years).

I reached out and told them that I had found a better deal elsewhere, they asked for the quote to see if they could match it and they didnt even try after they'd seen it :ROFLMAO:

So I hope they aren't like this because I didn't buy the car directly from them?

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
I do wonder if they are a little bit bitter towards me. They allowed me 6 hours to test drive the car, I was planning to take out a PCH plan with them but they quoted some crazy figures (£446 a month with £4000 deposit with 10,000 miles over 2 years).

I reached out and told them that I had found a better deal elsewhere, they asked for the quote to see if they could match it and they didnt even try after they'd seen it :ROFLMAO:

So I hope they aren't like this because I didn't buy the car directly from them?
Quite unprofessional if that’s the case. Shouldn’t matter where or how you acquired your car. As a Cupra dealership they are there to help. The fact it’s on PCH makes no difference. However, the fact that they said you had to take out a maintenance package may also infer that they have misunderstood your request in the first place?🤷🏻‍♂️

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.