Service costs

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
Quite unprofessional if that’s the case. Shouldn’t matter where or how you acquired your car. As a Cupra dealership they are there to help. The fact it’s on PCH makes no difference. However, the fact that they said you had to take out a maintenance package may also infer that they have misunderstood your request in the first place?🤷🏻‍♂️

To be fair, they changed their tune as soon as I told them about the other PCH deal. Not sure I am reading into it too much, who knows.

Its possible that they misunderstood me, so I could always pop in and speak to someone directly.

The conversation went:

Me - "Do you offer service plans for the Formentor if I didn't purchase the car directly through a dealership?"

Cupra - "As you're on PCH, best to talk to your leasing company and add a maintenance package"

I thought I was pretty clear :D

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
To be fair, they changed their tune as soon as I told them about the other PCH deal. Not sure I am reading into it too much, who knows.

Its possible that they misunderstood me, so I could always pop in and speak to someone directly.

The conversation went:

Me - "Do you offer service plans for the Formentor if I didn't purchase the car directly through a dealership?"

Cupra - "As you're on PCH, best to talk to your leasing company and add a maintenance package"

I thought I was pretty clear :D
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Sounds like it was clearer than I’d anticipated. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: MrBiggles87

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
There might be requirement to buy service package before car collection and since car is not coming from them, they are not able to sell it to you.

That was the case with Audi, service package had to be agreed before car collection and documentation signed. And package was underwritten by VWFS (regardless of how you financed your car).

Mar 20, 2021
I had a strange experience - bought my VZ2 from Citygate in Reading and when I asked about a service package, I was told they'd send me info at a later date. That never happened and I've emailed them multiple times about it and had no response to my emails - almost as if they don't want to sell me a service package?! 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Baldiesimo

MattyD803

Mar 2, 2021
I had a strange experience - bought my VZ2 from Citygate in Reading and when I asked about a service package, I was told they'd send me info at a later date. That never happened and I've emailed them multiple times about it and had no response to my emails - almost as if they don't want to sell me a service package?! 🤷‍♂️
Interesting. Citygate Reading are also my local dealer, and I too have asked for servicing costs / package, so I’ll let you know if I get a response....

Reactions: mrcave300

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Call Cupra customer services and explain what has happened and ask them to sort it out for you.

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
Would have thought that wherever you get your car from shouldn’t matter as it’s a Cupra and needs to be serviced. For all intents a purposes all cars are sourced through dealers and cupra offer service packages as per their brochure. No small print saying you can’t have it serviced at another dealer.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
On a slight side note, the dealer servicing isn't too bad. £199 for minor and £349 for major last I checked. You guys on leases will probably only need 1 minor on a 2y lease too. Part of the reason I stuck with VAG rather than moving to mercedes/jag, etc. 4th year service (Major + DSG + haldex) only comes in about £600 and then you're set for another 3 years.

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021
Interesting. Citygate Reading are also my local dealer, and I too have asked for servicing costs / package, so I’ll let you know if I get a response....
Hmm, strange. I to have had terrible trouble getting anything from Citygate Reading after purchasing my car there. They just seem to totally loose interest in you.

Reactions: mrcave300

MattyD803

Mar 2, 2021
Hmm, strange. I to have had terrible trouble getting anything from Citygate Reading after purchasing my car there. They just seem to totally loose interest in you.

I’ll have zero qualms taking my business elsewhere, if they don’t come back to me on this. When I was exploring lease quotes, they didn’t respond to a single email or voicemail, including a disgruntled email to a head honcho of Citygate, hence I went with Lookers in Stockport to collect my car (230mi away). It’s principle for me, and I’ll happily make a a trip out of a visit to Didcot or Swindon Cupra. In fact, I might have already made up my mind.

Reactions: CupraPoopra

CupraPoopra

Mar 15, 2021
I’ll have zero qualms taking my business elsewhere, if they don’t come back to me on this. When I was exploring lease quotes, they didn’t respond to a single email or voicemail, including a disgruntled email to a head honcho of Citygate, hence I went with Lookers in Stockport to collect my car (230mi away). It’s principle for me, and I’ll happily make a a trip out of a visit to Didcot or Swindon Cupra. In fact, I might have already made up my mind.
I'm with you on that.

For our family car before the Formentor, so back in 2018, I went to my local Seat dealer looking to purchase an Ateca. Treated with total disregard, so we ended up popping into the Peugeot garage across the road and ended up with a fully loaded Peugeot 3008.

This time round I didn't even bother to make contact with the Seat dealership on principle.

Reactions: MattyD803
Mar 20, 2021
Tried to go to my local dealership (Snows Southampton) who said they could only apply a 'used car' service pack to my car (bought brand new from CityGate) for ~£500. Suggested I go back to CityGate. This unfortunately hasn't been the best aftersales experience on an otherwise enjoyable new car. Leaves a bit of a bitter taste given the money spent...

I've gone back to CityGate but if I dont hear anything, I guess going to Cupra directly is my next option.

Apr 17, 2021
Quick question team

I am no longer in the formentor club as i could not wait for the delivery and ended up with a Skoda Superb Hatch Hybrid which is actually rather nice but nowhere near as exciting but as a family bus...its wonderful even with the reduced boot! And the hybridness is actually accurate and spot on!

However, i am new to leasing...its a 4 year lease i got. WIll i get away with just 3 services or will i have to do the 4th one as well on top of all the other recomended 4th year items such as Pollen Filter and Spark Plugs (see attached)? Think next time, may go for a three year plan!

I suppose i will be handing the car back just before the 4 year anniversary from delivery (8th July)...thought the car was build in January 2021. Its currently telling me 181 days for Oil and 709 days for the inspection whcih leads me to believe it is counting from the build date as we have only done 700 miles on it.

Thanks all

Attachments

• Aftersales_MouseMat.pdf
    71.5 KB · Views: 168

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
That's really early for oil service. Maybe check.it after some time and see if it changes or not. It's possible it's set to annual service, instead of long life.

To avoid costly service, you can return your car a bit early, for example 2 weeks before service due. If it's VWFS finance, then you can terminate early for 55%. You will have to calculate closer to service date, what's the best option.

Apr 17, 2021
That's really early for oil service. Maybe check.it after some time and see if it changes or not. It's possible it's set to annual service, instead of long life.

To avoid costly service, you can return your car a bit early, for example 2 weeks before service due. If it's VWFS finance, then you can terminate early for 55%. You will have to calculate closer to service date, what's the best option.
Hi @Agnes.Surrey , it is set to Annual I think based on these numbers and I don't mind that as I do a lot of very short journeys primarily so an annual service is fine for me.

I was just hoping to do it annual from delivery anniversary rather than build date.

As you say, it might change in some time.

It is is with VWFS but I don't think I will be terminating early as 55% is a lot. A few weeks before 4 years will be fine I suppose.

Might give Johnson's fleet a call and see what they advise.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
You can ask them, to reset it for annual from collection date.

I meant early termination like month before, to save on big service.

Reactions: mm8718

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
Right then, I'm in the showroom right now and hoping to negotiate a pre-pay service contract, if not today then at least before I pick up the keys...

CupraCare would be great if it applied to a Formentor. Also, the dealer is saying that Cupra are not offering any pre-pay deals 😒 just one through Perrys themselves £25 per month!

Any advice would be helpful. Apologise, also posted this in here

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
Right then, I'm in the showroom right now and hoping to negotiate a pre-pay service contract, if not today then at least before I pick up the keys...

CupraCare would be great if it applied to a Formentor. Also, the dealer is saying that Cupra are not offering any pre-pay deals 😒 just one through Perrys themselves £25 per month!

Any advice would be helpful. Apologise, also posted this in here
I’ve asked the question too, only to be advised to ask again when I collect my car. I would hope to be paying an average of £200 per service. No more.

Reactions: Nickfurnell

Deleted member 131219

I won't be buying any packages or even using a dealer for any of my servicing requirements. The car will go to the same trusted independent garage that has taken exceptional care of every car I've owned since I moved to my current home 27 years ago.

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
So @Tormentor does moving to an independent still keep any warranty valid? TBH I trust them more than any main dealer..

I agree in as much as my Skoda estate went to a local garage from 18 months (when I got it) but the Karoq with a 2 service package is still with Skoda.. For now

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise