Service indicator

AJ-V5

Jun 27, 2009
Quick question!

When i bought my car on 89k it had been 10k miles since the last service I.E it was due one. The owner said it had been done, but he did it and just didnt stamp/write in the book. When i got it the oil was completely golden so i would have to sort of agree that it looks as though it had been done.

However, unlike my old Peugeot which said 8k till next service etc the Tolly doesnt have this- so how do you know it has been done or when it will need doing????

If, for example, the indicator is reset automatically when the oil filter housing was removed for example- i would be happy to leave it until the light comes back on. BUT if there is a way to reset it manually i want to get a service done really just for peace of mind as i have done 3k since the purchase so she could technically be on 13k without fresh oil!!!

The oil is still golden/brown and not stinking black like my old diesel so not sure what/who to believe!!!

Any help welcome!

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Well if the oil was golden then it's at least had an oil change! However, unless it's had a service stamp then I would always go for at least a basic service for peace of mind - but an oil change is the most important thing that should be done. You can of course reset the service indicator yourself on the Tolly. If I was you I would just get a basic service done and sleep well.

AJ-V5

Jun 27, 2009
Well if the oil was golden then it's at least had an oil change! However, unless it's had a service stamp then I would always go for at least a basic service for peace of mind - but an oil change is the most important thing that should be done. You can of course reset the service indicator yourself on the Tolly. If I was you I would just get a basic service done and sleep well.

Yeah think i will do! Cheers mate. Got the bits priced up at around £60 for the oil/plugs and all the filters so might attempt it myself. If not- SEAT can have it if i lose patience:lol:

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
www.gardensandhouses.co.uk
Changing the oil, filters and plugs are very easy and all the work should take about 1/2 an hour or so. You will need an adjustable spanner or a socket bit that will take the filter housing off. I think for memory it is a 32mm fitting. The plugs need a deep reach 16mm socket bit.

My Tolly has almost 140k on it now, so I change the oil every 5k miles and do the filter once every 10k and the plugs between 10 and 20k. One think that might be worth buying a pela 6000. It makes the oil change so easy, quick and mess free. You stick a tube down the dipstick and depress the pump a few times and it sucks the oil out. There should be a few of ebay. They cost around £35 - £45.

ricothedrummer

Just a quick one, how do you reset the service indicator?:confused:

sorry, just read a later post with the answer on it !!

Last edited by a moderator: