service inspection reset

stren

anyone know how to reset inspection on a 2007 seat cordoba tdi its not like 2006 and earlier

stren

is this for 2007 model the car is 3 months old cordoba 150 pd tdi

wildejon

Is there any way of doing this without having to buy the software? Planning on doing my own servicing, or is it very much worth hooking up to this to check that nothing it wrong inside?

Theresias

In VW/Audi/Seat and Skodas eyes a service includes at least a fault code check of all systems, this said there are a couple of other tasks which require a diagnostic tool too - here are some examples...

- Transmission Oil Change
- Timing Check/Adjustment (not PD-TDI)
- ...and more!

However, there may be ways to reset the service manually but if you want to do real servicing you should really consider getting a diagnostic tool - sooner or later you'll need one.

wildejon

I've been looking into that. They aren't cheap though, £180 or there abouts for the software?!
I do know someone who works at a SEAT garage, he might run a check for me... maybe...

Does the diagnostics tell you if you need to change transmission oil?! Things have come a long way from seeing if its looks ok on my pug!

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: Just looked at your site, is that what I need? Plus the cable to attach it to my laptop...?

Last edited by a moderator:

cupragaz

Aug 25, 2002
s.wales
Visit site
with the new models its just a case of push in the button in the dash panel and turn the ign on release the button and turn it to the right and the service light should go out

wildejon

Really?! Does mine fall into the 'new' bracket?

Thanks mate

Theresias

Using the button trick does indeed work in most cases, but it has one major flaw. It resets all service reminder data to fixed intervals, which may not be a problem for Seat's since they usually don't use flexible intervals - but you should be aware of possible side effects.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.