Service interval display: confused

AnthonyP

I know this has been mention umerous times before and through a search I cant find the answer.
I will have the car a year in two weeks but I cant remember exactly what mileage was on the car when I got it ( it was 8 months old and somewhere over 8000 miles on the clock). I was told it had it would have its first service early so just before I picked it up. Now I know I am approaching 10000mile marker and it was only yesterday when I went to change the clock that I realised how to show the service inticator. ( on small display)

The question i have is that when holding the odometer twisty dial in it shows me the spanner and the a value of "-9400" (yes a minus value) is this normal?

So does this mean 600 miles until my service is require?

Thanks
Anthony

foxy367

May 12, 2007
Wigan
I suspect it counts down so as it approaches 0 it needs a service. Do 100 miles then check it again!

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
It does not mean 600 miles till service. Mine counts down the km's till next service. Don't remember what happens after 0 though.

Check the service book of the car. Seat has fixed intervalls. Only know them in km's but it should say in the book. Then just take it in. Dealer will then reset the indicator.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise