Service interval reset

May 26, 2020
Manchester
Hi fellas .I've a 14 plate Ibiza 1:4 and have tried resetting the service spanner on the car via utube etc .Despite following the online setup the car still chimes with spanner flashing .when you scroll through the menu set up next to the 0/0 it's showing 365 9600 on one but then -5 and 3100 on next .I presume this is what is setting off the chime as presume it's saying it's 5 days overdue . It appears one is set as showing 9600 so Iam right in saying you have to set both service inspection ( spanner ) and oil and if so how do I reset the one showing 31
00 -5
I've tried the holding down switch then quickly ignition on ,release and press the one to the right eg setting switch but still chimes on start up ?
Thanks fellas

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
My 2016 Ibiza ecomotive has just the one button and the You Tube procedure for that works fine. So don't know about you guys with the two buttons. However how about putting out a help call to anyone in your area with VCDS? That should get it sorted in a flash.

May 26, 2020
Manchester
Yours is next model up i think .
Don't know anyone with diagnostic.
It seems to have 2 services to set as one has gone back to 9600 and 365 days yet 2nd one on menu shows 2900 and -10 days so think it's this causing the chime .followed all you tube vids but still chimes on start up

May 26, 2020
Manchester
Yes already done that .followed exact procedure but when I turn ignition back on it chimes with spanner showing .
It seems scrolling through the settings that after the 9600 / 365 the next shows a -18 and mileage of 3k approx .
This minus increases by the day which pretty sure why it's chiming with a spanner .
I presume there is a service setting and a inspection setting on mine as otherwise it wouldn't count down the overdue mileage each day

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Had the same car. Did it with Carista.

Their App is free and it has a free trial period on the features you need. All you need in addition is access to a compatible OBDII reader.

Reactions: Teknalogique
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.