service interval tdi fr

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
well its going tomorrow at 70k. last one was 60k. near enough which ever.

im thinking about getting a set of those vredestein tyres next, as i cant get hold of the bf goodrich g-force tyres.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
tyres are great. been using them for over 5 yrs. won awards in auto express tyre tests. thats why i started using them. good price. just got over 20,000 miles on front tyres.

just had my 40,000 mile service today, need to change all 4 tyres soon. rear tyres have done 40,000 miles. dunlop sportmaz.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Every 10k, which is a pain in the backside, as I do a lot of miles to work and other things. I've just had my 70k service. 80k won't be long in coming round....

Had a Clio before my first MK4, that was 18k service intervals. A lot better.

aaronbromley

TDISport.com Owner
Nov 25, 2004
Lincolnshire
www.TDISport.com
Yep as stated, 10k or 12 months, which ever is first, 70k shouldn't be too painful wallet wise, i have recently had mine done. 60k was obviously more money due to the cam belt etc. Has your cam belt been changed already?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
You should get the 'oil' light just before a 10k service, or the 'insp' light just before an annual.

However even when set up right the Mk4 has always been a little unreliable in that dept..lol

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
yep, checked out the service log, every 10k since new. i should know as weve had since new!
anyway the service light always used to come on, but this time it didnt. this car does about 10k a year so all works out well with mot etc. just did a basic oil change service this time round.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The base for any service is to change the engine oil and oil filter.

Then depending on mileage you add other items such as air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter etc.

Inspection services include checks on tyre pressures, gearbox and axle oils where applicable, greasing of door hinges (something personally I refuse to do for my own reasons) checking tyres etc etc.

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
The base for any service is to change the engine oil and oil filter.

Then depending on mileage you add other items such as air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter etc.

Inspection services include checks on tyre pressures, gearbox and axle oils where applicable, greasing of door hinges (something personally I refuse to do for my own reasons) checking tyres etc etc.

Aha
ook. thanks;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.