Service / Repair Manual for SEAT Arosa

Martin Lepley

Jan 11, 2016
Hi,

New to the world of SEAT Arosa. Tried to find a Haynes Manuel but cant find one. What does everyone do?

I have the 1.0L version.

Also the Engine Management light is on and the word "service" is displayed on the Speedo/dash. Is this warning that it needs a service or other condition? mileage just under 75,000 miles

Thanks

BackSeatDriver

Jan 9, 2016
Co. Wicklow.
I've got a very similar situation with mine (just bought last Friday). From what I can gather there is no Haynes manual, nor any other for that matter. I believe the only options are either to create an account with Seat's online service system erWIN Online, and you pay to view per section as required. There are options to print but it can only be viewed on one device at a time. Very awkward altogether.

Alternatively, there are disk sets available on eBay which cover a range of models and they range in price from €14 - €35. At the moment I'm deciding whether to buy from a seller in Italy. Search eBay for "Elsawin *4.1* Seat 2013 - MULTILANGUAGES!!!" (I can't recall if us newbies are allowed post links yet, but you'll find those two options easily enough).

I have a temp sensor on order; a service oil message on start up, that clears after a minute or two; and an EPC message that does the same. I'm working through those at the moment.

Your service message could be the same as mine, and I'm guessing that engine management is indicating an oil change is due. I'm about to do that this afternoon as soon as I get hold of a replacement sump plug gasket/washer.

I don't know if that message will clear itself afterwards or if I'll need to get it cleared with a VAGCOM/VCDS or similar plug in diagnostic tool. I have seen a video on youtube (watch?v=D1PGvVG8xaM) that shows a method of clearing a service message on other models of Seat, so there may be a way for the Arosa.

I'm new to them and still learning. If I find out anything else I'll pass it on. Or maybe someone here can point us both in the right direction...

Last edited:

Martin Lepley

Jan 11, 2016
Resetting Service

Thanks for that.

I did read a post on here how to reset the service light but didn't want to do it if there was a real problem...

Resetting Service Indicator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SEAT owners manual for the Arosa states:

With the ignition switched off, press and hold the trip meter reset button below the speedometer.

Then, switch the ignition on and hold the reset button for atleast 10 sconds. Dashes will then appear in the display.

The service has been reset.

BackSeatDriver

Jan 9, 2016
Co. Wicklow.
Yeah, I'm wary about that myself. I'm guessing I'll need to buy a diagnostic tool at some point if I'm determined to working on the car myself, though I'd prefer to hold off for a bit while I get to grips with it. Mine's a 2000 1.0 Select with 95k on the clock. It's been well looked after but there's still the chance of it being a hidden lemon. I'm hoping some TLC will settle down it's issues. If it wasn't for engine management (or whatever you'd call it) I wouldn't think there was anything wrong with it at all. Drives smooth, runs like a dream. So far!

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
I had a 2004 1.0s for a few years recently. I reset the service message exactly as posted above with no problems.

As for the engine light - mine came on intermittently - I bought an £18 fault code reader from eBay and reset it with that. Mine was a P045 Evaporative system fault. It pointed to the charcoal canister requiring replacement- it only five it every 3 months or so, so I just kept resetting.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi lads. As you said above the best and only real option is to get a copy of elsawin from ebay. Service thing means service, but the engine management light means there is some sort of fault code stored in the ECU. It won't be anything too serious, as it would be flashing well driving if so.

BackSeatDriver

Jan 9, 2016
Co. Wicklow.
That's reassuring, thanks guys.

@BJM: I hadn't considered a simple fault code reader but makes sense to hold me over while I'm getting to grips with the motor. I guess they're pretty much alike but would you recommend yours? And if so which one is it?

@mty12345: Just about to order the elswin discs. I paid closer attention to the EPC light and saw that it went off the first time I touched the brake pedal leaving my estate. I'm guessing the switch may be on the way out.

Thanks for the info.

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
This is the newer version of mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/221966699147

I paid £18 and mine is a D700 so a decent price for this one. Mine works on all cars apart from Vauxhall and anything French - which I never intend to buy so not a problem! I've used it on SEAT's, VW's, Beemers and a Kia and it's worked. Worth noting is that it only reads fault codes for the engine check light. If you get an ABS or Airbag light then this can't read those kind of codes.

BackSeatDriver

Jan 9, 2016
Co. Wicklow.
Cheers. I'm looking at a few bluetooth models that look pretty interesting. They basically turn your phone / tablet / laptop into a diagnostic tool. Even the cheap ones look really interesting.

EvylRat

Jan 9, 2016
Cheers. I'm looking at a few bluetooth models that look pretty interesting. They basically turn your phone / tablet / laptop into a diagnostic tool. Even the cheap ones look really interesting.
The ELM 327 did not work on my Seat Arosa. I did get a VS450 off ebay and that worked perfectly.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.