Service - What and When?

Lacer

Ateca FR 1.4 DSG
Apr 29, 2004
Westbury, Wiltshire
I have done a bit of a search for an answer on this but cannot find. My 18 plate Ateca 1.4 DSG is only coming to 23000 miles and has had 3 oil changes so far in it a life but nothing else.
MOT is around the corner and with it I want to service but cannot find any info in terms of what is needed when, e.g. air filter, spark plugs, brake fluid, fuel filter etc. I have tried reaching my local (ish) dealer and they are useless and still awaiting a call back. Is there any where I can find this info?

Deleted member 98136

I have done a bit of a search for an answer on this but cannot find. My 18 plate Ateca 1.4 DSG is only coming to 23000 miles and has had 3 oil changes so far in it a life but nothing else.
MOT is around the corner and with it I want to service but cannot find any info in terms of what is needed when, e.g. air filter, spark plugs, brake fluid, fuel filter etc. I have tried reaching my local (ish) dealer and they are useless and still awaiting a call back. Is there any where I can find this info?
My 17 plate Ateca had Air Filter/ Air Con Filter/ Oil Filter/Oil Change/Brake Fluid Change when it reached its 3 year service, spark plugs are meant to last a lot longer than changing every year nowadays.
Should find all relevant info in the service booklet that came with the vehicle.

Tell

Staff member
I had a similar issue when it was coming up to 5 years old. I consulted the Ateca Erwin maintenance manual. This is where coughing up for £7-50 for one hours access comes in handy for Erwin, the official workshop VAG site

It's like having the Haynes manuals but much bigger. The ones you always bought when you bought a new car even thou you were not going to get your fingers dirty.

The one you want or anything later

:
Screenshot_20220325-090634.png

Screenshot_20220325-091016.png

You don't tend to find these for free online unless someone has broken their copyright... like Russians in Russian 😂.

Anyhow the Seat Service Plans just do the minimum but if you are keeping the car long term you need to do things over and above the service plan even within the service plan. Those that are outing the car in 3 years the missing bits of service get forgotten about.

Rather than me digging through the manual suggest you download all the PDFs that are for the Ateca and have a look yourself. In my case being a diesel 4Drive my dealer had never changed the Haldex oil. That's needed every three years. Two years over. The DSG oil is good for 74,000 miles. Cam belt and pump should be changed every 5 years. I have that written on a crib sheet now. I got the cam belt and pump done plus the Haldex oil. You do have to check what's in and out of the service plan especially if you aren't one of these people that chop and change cars on a PCP type of arrangement. Wonder what the book in the car said about those... never looked.... have looked.... hmmm nothing.

I got the battery done as well. It was rated as a 4 year life. Had done 5 years and had thrown up some low battery errors on an Obdeleven scan. Lockdown was probably taking a toll. Had been let down on my old Altea on battery once. You don't have the old halogen light dipping on LED to give you advance warning 😂.

MOT wise you might want to check for pitted discs which they don't like and condition of tyres. Traditionally I get the tyres, discs and pads done by a tyre place if need be, before the MOT. Cheaper. Service by Seat.