setting up actuator

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
im going to fit my hybrid today but not sure how to set actuator, its uprated an its really hard to pull out an open wastegate is this normal? getting car mapped next week. how do i set it as i dont want to damage the car or turbo. im going to stay off bost when driving till cars set up correctly but dont want to do any damage with having actuator set to hard.please help :(

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Yea its normal that you cant pull the rod out. i couldn't on my forge 1.

you want to set the rod up same as the standard 1. same length on the rod. make sure there is a small amount of pre load on the arm aswell

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
You want the stronger spring so it doesnt open sooner and let all your lovely boost the turbo has just made go.

new hybrid turbo will need stronger actuator to help it anyway, a weaker 1 will just open up 2 soon and have no performance

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
ok thankyou, going to do it now will hopefully have no problems, the guy who had turbo before me on car for a few miles snapped a rod an i think was cause had revo selected on maximum boost, if i unplug n75 should open at actuator pressure shouldnt it, getting car mapped but got a 200 mile drive back to coventry before car is being mapped,

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.