Shell Low Sulphur Diesel

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Has anyone else noticed the increase in smoothness, responsiveness and performance of the 2.0 TDi with the ultra low sulphur diesel! Finally managed to find a Shell garage in my locality with the posh diesel on the pumps and after 150 miles of the engine drinking the stuff, I'm quite literally gob smacked at the difference.

The remap I had done last year along with the Milltek worked wonders but something as simple as changing fuel has put the icing on the cake! It just feels fantastic.

Cars going in for it's 20k service next week and when I booked it into the dealer they asked if there was anything needing looked at or sorted. "Absolutely nothing, the cars running perfectly" was my response.

It's VERY quick, there's nothing rattling, it's electrics are all tip top and the MPG is increasing. Nice.

While the cars in I've booked a test drive in the Cupra but to be honest 205BHP, 302 torques and 43MPG is going to be hard to beat.

The new Leon is very underrated car - especally with the big diesel lump!

Crazyhazy

Werent you bothered about the warranty (which i'm presuming it's still under) being stopped if something happens and they find out when you had it re-mapped?

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Well they didn't mention anything at the first 10k service so I'm not too worried. To be honest it's worth the risk just because the remap has made such a difference!

Fishy

May 16, 2005
I only filled up on the stuff this morning, so gonna give it a couple of days to get into the system.

Fish

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members