She's back on the road . . . . . and sodding typical

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Ibiza after a 12 month+ rest and me well being bored and never got time has just spent 3 solid days being rear end stripped/welded up ready for mot

after spending 8am-11pm yesterday putting it all back together today i tackled the last job on the mot list this am - front brake hoses

all sorted in about 10mins no problems (makes a change huh) but as i put all 4 wheels on i spotted a bubble on the rear ns hose - aggggh. Still no panic, running a motor factors a quick call to my long suffering staff and 15 mins later 2 new rear hoses in hand and replaced before the driver had even got back in the van - wooohooo

straight to Shell as she was running very low and only drinks the premium stuff and off home ready for restest (4 months late) tomorrow morning

all good . . . . . . . . well almost, being a mk2 as i locked her up - nothing ??? damn remotes ???

quickly reprogrammed ok and lights flashed and whats that ? the pump (i'd removed to weld) i can hear it going, so a quick rummage in the boot yup air pumps in and out ok - pipes seems secure etc so looks like a trapped pipe or worse a melted/welded one - noooo

god bless the mk2 gotta love em i say

thats miles 65,436 + 65,437 completed and already something new to fix :lol::lol::lol:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if she behaves at retest tomorrow i have a brand new stainless rear box to go on twin upswept oldskool dtm style - well was in style as such but had it so damn long now - lol

as a bonus the dash integrated 10 led shiftlight (i spent last xmas building :rolleyes:) worx a treat

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
pics of the dashlight :)

not got pics as they just blur so i got a vid for ya, it's 3gp and will play in Quicktime if it helps ?

http://www.flapper111.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/movies/MOV.3GP

has 3 buttons :

switch on/off : on start flashes quickly 3 times but camera just shows it as a blur sorry
green push : for start limit (set at 1/2 revs)
red push: sets max limit (set at 1/2 revs)

press both green/red and it cycles through varying brightnesses for dimming etc and of course when not needed switch off.

at start of the vid i set it to 2000-4000 so you can see it working on the drive so it's a bit keen sorry :p

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
well it has been on the road done 6k miles but on and off last 3/4 years but never more than 6 months at any time :)

i get easily distracted and end up thinking sod it - ill sort it later

by the way she's back on the ramp already but this time the MOT one - lol

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Well she passed with flying colours and not a single advisory (makes a change) so i am happier than these guys right now, even gave her a quick bubble wash :p

357392146_e5d1243f4d.jpg

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Well done mate quite low miles for the age of the cart aswell, used to have that bumper on my old mk2 still lying in the shed i do beleive.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Well done mate quite low miles for the age of the cart aswell

was sat around 2 years i believe with 58k on the clock and had a HARD life inc a new head and 2 cambelts (snapped twice) and when i got it was worn out and dying last legs

don't be fooled with miles - you wouldn't believe the history on it

so far (touch wood) all has been sweet for last 6k miles since i stripped and rebuilt the engine and just about everything else you can think of lol

yeah get some up mate, that BROWN looks nice when clean

its - Copper Bronze :p that's with 12mnths+ of dirt on it - only cleaned it this afternoon and it's in dire dire need of a clay/polish and wax

should sort all the dents/scratches and lacquer crap first really but never liked doing bodywork

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
It exists then :happy:

Colour looks like it has a pearl in it?

cheeeky . . . . been keeping the forecourt dry for a while feeling sorry for itself

the grill i think is copper but a brighter shade (slightly different to the car) was off the euro one in MK that got front shunted :( damn that was a sweet car too

pearl ? - one day - always wanted to clean it up and layer a tinted red lacquer over it sort of subtle toffee apple stylee - lol

when crezz does win lottery we will eh ;)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.