Shire Performance Tuning

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
Hi All,

Has anyone heard of this company? They map ecu's.

Are they any good? Anyone expereinced work by them?

Looking at a Leon today that has been mapped by them. What to make sure that its a dencet remap thatl not have any problems.

Thoughts.

Cheers

Alex

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
Theyve got places all over the Uk, but are mainly mobile, so come to your house.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
well the site only lists audi diesels as a service, no listings under any seat model....

that may concern me a little?

if the car is good, you could always have it mapped again by a better mapper

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
Well apparently most models you need to call them and they will give you a quote.

thats what the guy who is selling the car said.

Apparetly he had is Citroen Van done at the same time.

Deleted member 20376

it dont really say much. doents list petrols in the audi either.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
but if they have a website, why dont the advertise the fact they cover most models...

surely thats bad advertising imo

how much did they charge for the map, was it generic or custom, rolling road results?

if you ring and ask them they should be able to give the answers to this, see if you get unrealistic power claims etc

Deleted member 20376

well the site only lists audi diesels as a service, no listings under any seat model....

that may concern me a little?

if the car is good, you could always have it mapped again by a better mapper

yeah defo rolling road after. some maps can do damage to the car inners

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
thats a realistic figure with stage 1 map....

what id do, if you like the car buy it, then spend 250-300 quid, go to p-torque in wolverhampton and get will to map it stage 1, then you have piece of mind that the maps good.

could always try to blag 300quid off the asking price anyway,

Deleted member 20376

a lot of the cupras can be tunned quite abit but i aint no expert but im sure the cupra owners will shine sum light on this for you.some of the threads ive read about on here about not enough fuel going in and about shattering pistons and so on.

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
I was speaking to Jabbasport and they were saying that they could get 245bhp from it with a custom map.

Is that realistic or are they taking the michael?

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
a lot of the cupras can be tunned quite abit but i aint no expert but im sure the cupra owners will shine sum light on this for you.some of the threads ive read about on here about not enough fuel going in and about shattering pistons and so on.

The car has been mapped for about 1.5 years so would that sort of issue happened by now?

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
custom map needs, full turbo back exhaust system, cold air induction, fmic, 4 bar fpr to even have a chance of those figures, 245 is a bit optimistic from the ko3s

i have p-torque stage 2, turbo back, induction, i managed 232bhp on wills rolling road.

cupralooks

More Power Needed
Jul 3, 2006
It is a lovely looking car. Just dont want to buy a lemon as im at uni and I just want a car that will last me a few years.