Short term lease

slo007

Jun 15, 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland
Apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum! My assignment in the UK has been extended by 12 months and I need a car. I noticed Seat only offers 18-month leases. Could someone recommend other brands or reputable businesses I could work with to get a short term lease?

I'm considering a Seat Ibiza S as a good option for my commute to work.

Thanks!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You can get them, but they're very very expensive.

Surely it'd be better to buy a fairly cheap car & sell it on in 12 months time?

Better than paying £500/month for a basic car?

slo007

Jun 15, 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland
Thanks for replying! :)

Actually, the car doesn't need to cost £500 per month (although two car rental agencies asked for that much!).

Flexed/Autohorn is asking for £250-275 for a small 5-door car on a short term lease (at least 28 days). However they charge an initial hire fee and delivery to Scotland would be a bit steep from York in England. In total, it would cost just short of £ 4K; but it would be a Toyota Aygo X-Play which has awful reviews... It would be nice to find a similar company locally with a nicer car selection.

A used car, I reckon, would cost about £5K assuming it still had some mfg warranty left. I found a 2012 i10 for £4900 with just 15,000 miles; but it's 2,5 hrs away... not really into the road trip thing to see and hand over that much cash to a stranger!

Local dealers in Aberdeen are asking more than advised prices on used cars, so it's a complete rip off to go to the trade. They also refuse to negotiate.

An 18-month lease on a Skoda Citigo S would cost £ 4,166 with 0% PCP, plus delivery. I'm leaning on doing this since even if I have to pay the full 100% lease on early return, I get a new car for the duration, warranty, etc. The piece of mind is nice.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise