Should I buy a new 2008 Ibiza?

Big-Al

Dont have a seat Ibiza yet but been looking at second hand ones recently. Anyway, a guy at work last night told me that a local garage is having a massive sale. I think he said he reserved a Citreon C2/4 rally spec cant remember which are usually 17k for 9k. Think he said there was a white Leon for 11K as well.

Anyway, he said he seen a 2008 Set Ibiza 1.9TDI with 80 miles or so on the clock. The car has been registered mainly as a tester and there are sveral of them. The one he seen was in red. Anyway, he told me the price and Im quite intrested. Considering the fact that theres 2 years warranty as well. They were only looking £7,200. I think they are trying to shift them before 2009 where they'll lose a few bob and with the newer model....

Anyway, any thoughts should I go for an older car and save my cash or is this a real bargain?

Last edited by a moderator:

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
depreciation is a killer at the moment mate and its hard to predict how much your car will be worth in a couple of years time, even if your buying it cheap in the first place. i'd be tempted to go for something a year or two old at the moment. 2007 ibiza cupra... you know you want to. bet there a good price at the mo!

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Are you mad keen to rush into this or can you take your time, check out the car market and make a good decision about what you want to buy and what the price should be?

Big-Al

Hey, thanks for the advice.

I've only been looking for a few weeks, mainly on the for sale section here. Ive seen a silver one all modded, cant remember the mileage but the guy was oringally looking 6k then dropped to 5k recently. There was also a glacier blue one recently with 44k miles IIRC and they were looking 4k, think it was a 04/03 reg as well.

New ibiza diesel looks like there 13k:
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...SEAT&model=IBIZA&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

This has 5000 miles though but nice colour.
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...SEAT&model=IBIZA&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
i just bought a 1.9 tdi sportrider for 8995 on a 58 plate :p well worth the money'1:funk::harhar:

duno if the offer is still on its was from perrys aylesbury....just looked and it not....though if your not worrries about engine power the 1.4 TDi Ecomotive 3dr DPF £9750 & 1.4 TDi Ecomotive 5dr DPF £10295 are both exempt from tax as under 10 c02 emissions and look at this mpg

Fuel Consumption
EC Combined (mpg): 74.3
EC Directive 1999/100/EC Applies: True
EC Extra Urban (mpg): 88.3
EC Urban (mpg): 57.6

they are both availible on 0% finance

certainly worth a look specially in the current climate

hope it helps

Big-Al

i just bought a 1.9 tdi sportrider for 8995 on a 58 plate :p well worth the money'1:funk::harhar:

duno if the offer is still on its was from perrys aylesbury....just looked and it not....though if your not worrries about engine power the 1.4 TDi Ecomotive 3dr DPF £9750 & 1.4 TDi Ecomotive 5dr DPF £10295 are both exempt from tax as under 10 c02 emissions and look at this mpg

Fuel Consumption
EC Combined (mpg): 74.3
EC Directive 1999/100/EC Applies: True
EC Extra Urban (mpg): 88.3
EC Urban (mpg): 57.6

they are both availible on 0% finance

certainly worth a look specially in the current climate

hope it helps

Im not intrested in the petrols at all tbh. I want a diesel and I think the 1.9TDI is what I want. I currently have a 1.7TDI corsa and it's just to slow for me and Im doing lots of miles now as Uni is about 120 miles there and back and I do that twice a week currently. It does have good MPG but I'd trade that for power.

Big-Al

they are both diesel lol.

fare enough with the speed issue

http://www.bartlettseat.com/view.asp?ID=142

hope it helps

Yea, I know there both diesel. a DI petrol wouldnt work well. ;)

Good link, £7,200 is really quite a steal then. Considering it has 0k vs 23k and 3 years newer not to mention 2 years warranty... I beleive the car Im on about is 3 door as well.

Also, cars in Northern Ireland always seem to be more expensive so maybe that makes it even better? :D

Also this, only 10k miles but is sport: http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...model=IBIZA&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=10000

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members