Should I buy this FR?

May 24, 2024
Hi All, new member, and haven't bought an Ibiza yet, but about to test drive this one this morning!

Apart from any general advice on what to look for (I am in no way an expert so will struggle with tech jargon sorry!) I would be grateful for any advice on what diagnostic app I should download to use with the Vgate iCar Pro BLE 4.0 my mate has leant me. He suggested I connect it up, clear the codes, then go for a test drive. Have never done anything like this before but I guess it's worth a go.

Also the timing belt hasn't been done, car is 2018 with 51k ish on the clock - they say it's been visually inspected and is fine - any thoughts please?

Love the look of the car, so hopefully I will be an owner later today, but obviously want to avoid a dud! Thanks all.

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
Timing belt intervals have been a hot topic recently, with the recommendation recently changing to (I believe) 120,000 miles. Though any Seat/Skoda/VW dealer would be able to confirm what the interval is for you.

I have the same model in blue, great little car.

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
My wife has a very similar car - 2019 Skoda Fabia SEL with the 110hp 1.0TSi & 6-speed box. Vastly better than 1.2TCE Renault Clio Dynamique it replaced.

Did you buy the car; I see it's been sold?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise