should i bypass n249?!?

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
hey lads just wan t to ask to see if i understand this right!! i have had problems with an air leak for near a year. everything has been changed(and i mean everything!!)i have upgraded the dv spring but was wondering if it could be opening at the wrong time then losing pressure?! sometimes when accelerating on half throttle i can hear a tss tss tss sound very quickly and when it does this it runs bad! i have changed the n249 valve but was thinking if i bypassed completly then it would take it out of the picture so shouldnt open the DV at the wrong time. if i do this also should i put in a softer spring to start. i know this has been covered i other posts but i just want to make sure before takig this out as not as mechanically minded as some! the cars running about 13psi of boost and is on the blue spring but still hear the noise and def no leaks, thanks!

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I would expect 13psi to be using a green spring, its what i use
What is the blue spring you are using rated to?
Could do a quick bypass to see if it makes it better

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
I would expect 13psi to be using a green spring, its what i use
What is the blue spring you are using rated to?
Could do a quick bypass to see if it makes it better

yea was on the green spring then yellow now blue(all forge) to see if can stop the tss tss tss which near sure coming from the dv. def no leaky pipes etc. as said not to mechanically minded so thought even with stronger spring if the N249 wants to open the dv it will! maybe give it a go! thanks

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
As above mate. If you're running 13psi you want the green spring, blue springs are 23-30psi.

yea just tryin diff things been going on for ages an was told by local tuner to try stronger spring. have had code leak for near a year but no burst pipes and changed everything you can think of and stronger spring was one thing to try! even had a dv off a tt which didnt sound like the hiss of it dumping more like the chatter. with even the blue spring it still dumps. i have the dv on sideways so can hear it clearly, and still get the quick tss tss tss when runnig bad. thanks anyway

fuzzgeller

Aug 15, 2007
kilrea N.I
Why dont you bypass it and see it only takes 10 min :)

And as said you want a green spring.

yea will do jus wanted make sure my thinking was right not the most mechanically minded so just not that eager to take things apart when not 100% wha i doin.lol. and yep may change spring back cant say blue spring made it go any worse but hasnt helped either! thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.