Show us your 2 wheels ...

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
As we have a few motorbicyclists on here I'll start the ball rolling.

Attachments

• Picture_Test1 001.jpg
    Picture_Test1 001.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF0805.JPG
    DSCF0805.JPG
    641.6 KB · Views: 163

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Here's mine, had it a while but not ridden yet as wanted to do a refresher course after a few years out of the biking world. Since I bought it its been on/off lock downs.
dcf24c195ac3a0650b12bb2c117d22a4.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Fester999

May 17, 2020
Mate I had a massive gap over 25 years!
Wished I'd gone back sooner.
You won't regret it
Stay safe

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Mate I had a massive gap over 25 years!
Wished I'd gone back sooner.
You won't regret it
Stay safe
Tell me about it, mines been just over 9 years now and I've had the itch ever since I sold my last one (first gen daytona 675). Can't wait spring 2021!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I rode/raced from my teens to early twenty's then was forced to stop until I was 40 then rode/race until 50 ....been out of the seat 6 long years. Miss not having a bike but dont miss riding - tad odd but there you go.

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
It's not quite in the same league as you guys, but it's the only one I have (at the moment).

it's 36 years old now, I've owned it for about 19 months and it's almost exactly the same as the one I had when I was 17, all the way back in 1989. It's not fast, especially with my weight on it - but I love it. Makes me feel like a teenager every time I ride it :LOL:

20190210_140244.jpg

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
It's not quite in the same league as you guys, but it's the only one I have (at the moment).

it's 36 years old now, I've owned it for about 19 months and it's almost exactly the same as the one I had when I was 17, all the way back in 1989. It's not fast, especially with my weight on it - but I love it. Makes me feel like a teenager every time I ride it :LOL:

View attachment 19851
It might not be big, or fast, but it's a proper classic now!

Reactions: SteveW

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
It might not be big, or fast, but it's a proper classic now!
Yeah, they're slowly going up in value, which is always nice :)

I bought it with a plan to keep it for ever anyway, mainly because I wanted something older to tinker with now you can't do that much to most modern cars. I spent the first year or so with this in bits trying to work out what I thought was a fuelling issue - turned out to be the crank seals! But I did all the work myself, so learned a lot along the way.

I just use it to nip into town on a dry day. It's fine going anywhere in a 30/40 speed limit. Bit scary in the national speed limit areas when you get a lorry breathing down your neck as it struggles to get much above 50 with my weight on it! :LOL:

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I passed my test on a CB100N Honda then rode about on my girlfriend's Z250.
It was 1989.
How bikes have advanced since then.

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
Yeah, they're slowly going up in value, which is always nice :)

I bought it with a plan to keep it for ever anyway, mainly because I wanted something older to tinker with now you can't do that much to most modern cars. I spent the first year or so with this in bits trying to work out what I thought was a fuelling issue - turned out to be the crank seals! But I did all the work myself, so learned a lot along the way.

I just use it to nip into town on a dry day. It's fine going anywhere in a 30/40 speed limit. Bit scary in the national speed limit areas when you get a lorry breathing down your neck as it struggles to get much above 50 with my weight on it! :LOL:
Yep, keep it forever - will cost next to nothing to own and maintain, plus will never lose its value. That must be a '79 V or '80 W reg, around the time I bought my first big bike, a GS750.

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Yep, keep it forever - will cost next to nothing to own and maintain, plus will never lose its value. That must be a '79 V or '80 W reg, around the time I bought my first big bike, a GS750.
It's a 1984 A reg. Yeah, very easy to work on being a 2-stroke, and surprisingly still quite a decent amount of spares around for it :)

I had a 1980 W reg GP100 in 1989 when I was 17. This was the closest one I could find at the time of looking to the one that I had back then.

I inherited the W reg one from my dad in around 1987 when he finally had enough money to buy a second car instead of using the GP to get to work and I used to ride it up and down the garden aged 15, and dad used to put it on a trailer and take it to a friend of mine that lived in a village so we could bomb up and down the farm tracks on our bikes :LOL:

We got it all cleaned up, MOTd and serviced ready for Boxing Day 1988, which was when I turned 17, so I could use in on the road.

I got too into cars when I passed my driving test in June '89 so like a fool I never took my "part 2" on the bike - so I'm currently riding my current GP on L-plates, which really isn't a good look for a 48 year old! I had planned to get my MOD1 and MOD2 done this summer, but covid lockdowns put paid to that. So I'm hoping to get that done at some point in the new year now, before my CBT runs out in April 2021 :)

Reactions: Loadmaster748

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I think the only real modern tech on it is ABS - but that's the way I wanted it really. Although I guess electronic fuel injection is pretty modern too compared to my other bike :LOL: :)

Here's some pics of "little and large", my old GP100 with the New Interceptor :cool:😁

little_large001.jpg
little_large002.jpg
little_large003.jpg
little_large004.jpg
little_large005.jpg

May 2, 2021
Haven’t ridden for about 8 years now. Last bike was a Fireblade (I had 2) and it was an amazing machine but I decided to end my 40 years of biking while I still had all my appendages and my licence.
I still hanker after one now and again, specifically a big Harley or something similar with a massive fat back tyre. Something to chug around on but the roads round here are invariable clogged solid and falling apart so the dream will probably be a lot nicer than reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Loadmaster748
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members