Silicon Hoses - Forge etc.

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Is there much point in me changing the hoses to my intercooler to the forge silicon ones? And is the performance, efficiency of the vehicle affected atall? :confused:

I think the hoses look smart is there anywhere else I could put them?? Has anyone done this?? :blink:

Cheers

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
wouldn't bother because Forge have a smaller diameter inlet and outlet I think. Only basing this upon the intercooler to throttle body hose has a smaller diameter than the CUPRA one. So guessing that that diameter is constant throught out Forges pipes.

Silicone won't collapes but I don't think that the intercooler ones collapes at all.

My advice is just change the TIP (Turbo Inlet Pipe), more bling than performance gain.

You could alway measure all the intercooler pipes and order them one by one or purchase Fitting Kit to install a SEAT Sport Intercooler but at...... £233.82, I've got better ideas for that kind of money, and you can't get it in red!

Last edited:

Russ_tdi

Mar 8, 2006
iv got a seat sport FMIC and made my own pipe work out of samco silicone pipes and alloy tube. took quite a bit of work shapen the alloy the finding the right angles but well worth it :D looks good and coz its 60mm it has i fill improved the performace

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
i personally wouldn't bother i doubt you would get any gains from doing that better off spending the money elsewhere i.e. exhaust :D

Russ_tdi

Mar 8, 2006
very ture the improvment u get from the exhaust system is a grate bang for ya buk. i hat to do it to fit my FMIC. plus i was told i couldnt do it :p lol

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
£200 you lucky bugger hahaha i thought £50 for cupra headlining and all grab handles and sun visor's was a steal but you just topped that!!

Russ_tdi

Mar 8, 2006
yer well good init. then was £50 for the fmic:D yer gon pink gust gav them a good clean and a new coat of laquer

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.