Simple Headlight Queries - H4/H7 etc

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
Hello,

I was looking at getting some of the 2 piece angel eye lights (which I've never seen on an Ibiza from here), or one of the black all in one units that a few people on here have in chrome. Reason being, I want the projector lense to fit some HIDs.

At the moment, I have the money to get a HID kit but not the lamps (the 2 piece ones are £200+) But I'm worried that the bulbs may not fit.

Were Ibizas only ever fitted with H4 main beams? For some reason my GTi has the single bulb lamp rather than the 2 bulb lamp that the usual GTi/Cupra's are fitted with... do they usually have H4 bulbs fitted?

Lastly, if anyone has any of the aftermarket lights.. what bulbs do you have fitted? H4??

Many thanks in advance

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
Ah bugger! Thats screwed matters royally... does anyone have any aftermarket lights then? Anyone know which bulbs fit into them. I've never seen the 2 piece lights on an ibiza before and the guy who sells the damn things has not yet imported a set lol so he is no use!

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Been trying to find this out as i've got black angel eyes with hids,got em off gregclarks,so he may be the one to ask however aside fromthe usual hid issues soon to be sorted i want rid of the standard yellow main beam bulbs and wanna change em to xenon jobs or whatever but dunno what fitment they are,be far too easy to take one out n have a look!!!:p If you do find out let us all know,i pm'd one of the guys on here with angels n he didn't know either!!!

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Concur that pre-facelift GTi had a single bulb doing both dipped and main beams. Only post facelift did the lights get two reflectors.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
choice of 2 lights with exception to some pre face lifts being odd :

single bulb and glass uses H4 and has a large rectangular reflector [ * ]

Gti lamps uses twin H1 in each lamp and one glass but is in 2 sections [ * ](*)

accessory Morrettes are twin H1 also but in 2 seperate round units (*) (*) ooer

either way standard lamp assy wise the afterfit rings for angel eyes are only really any good for the high beam of the gti lamp as in any other lamp you may as well put your hand over it and block the light out but then they cost what £8 a pair ? but never really look 'right' so to speak

lost me when you say 2 piece though? i assume you mean the angel eyed light assy's or the seperate lamps of the morrette ?

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
BTW just replaced blown H1 with Ozram Nightbreakers +90%. Much better than standards, good tight beam with little glare and appears whiter. :)

Not exactly HID's but at £14.75 a pair inc del from Fleabay...

Hmmm - main beam & fogs as well... :think:

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
lost me when you say 2 piece though? i assume you mean the angel eyed light assy's or the seperate lamps of the morrette ?

I meant 2 piece, as in, all the normal angel eye have indicators built in, whereas these ones have seperate indicators (but are a bit too pricey no If ound out indicators are on top and are about £35!)

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
:doh:
Ahem, maybe not!

A wee dram too many this morning! :redface:

Good bulbs for the price though!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.