-SlicK's 1999 Toledo 110 TDi

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
Well I decided that I just wont be able to afford to pay up monthly payments on a car. Discussed this with my dad and he offered to sell me this at a rather good price

So iv decided to put abit of a progress thread as its good to see what progress it has made from now till I sell it. Also I feel it will help me sell the car better in a years time when I change to something abit nicer :)

Bit of history with the car; Was a motorway runner for about 100k guy looked after it pretty well apart from the laquer peel on the front. My dad then bought it in 2006 and looked after it and polished and waxed it near enough every two weeks and washed regularly :D now iv bought it and done my own personal touches to it i.e. front end respray due to laquer peel and decided to do a black roof at the same time

Mods as follows;

6000k led sidelights
Silvertecs
HID's
LCR splitter
-40mm lowering springs
Wheels wrapped in avon zz3's
Boot spoiler
Black roof
Tinted windows
SCN Stickers

Planned mods;

Change the rear number plate light holders
De-badge
FK AK street coilovers
BBS 18" reps (or maybe if other wheels come up ill get them)
Wind deflectors
LC front bumper
LCR sideskirts
Bonnet bra

Pics of course;

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Cheers :)

Last edited:
May 4, 2008
Defo agree on the BBS Reps, they do do a Black CH rep with a red rim, would look good as long as you dont curb em.

Picture002.jpg

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
Yeah they are mate, dont drop it enough unfortunatly :p

Those are the ones iv been keeping my eye on, plenty of those on ebay :) Suit the toledo's well i think :D

Last edited:
May 4, 2008
I do like red cars but they are a bugger to keep shiney :-(. Red on black would work well i reckon, keep us updated on progress.

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
Havent really had a problem keeping mine shiny, just been keeping on top of it every opertunity I have :)

Thanks mate, really cant wait to change the wheels. Dont like them overly much but they are better than the standard by far :)

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
You probably did pass it mate, my dad was driving it as hes getting the door seal sorted :D

What do you drive mate? Ill keep an eye out :)

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
How have you spent your xmas..?

Well today iv been staying out of the way of the usual arguing over Christmas dinner and spent my time using my new cleaning products that I got for the car :)

Thankfully it was above freezing today so made it much easier than it has been recently...

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

Last edited:

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
How the hell did you clean it on that ice rink and actually manage to keep standing? :p haha!
IMO it'd look better without the chrome around the grills :) but just my 2p worth :)

Danny.

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
I wasnt sure about the lcr splitter on the pre facelift bumper at first having seen pics but i decided to line the one my dad had up to the bumper and actually quite liked it :) it makes it look abit lower too which is always a bonus :D

I actually had to move it round the side of my house cause i was struggling to wash the car and stand at the same time :p yeah I know i dont know if i would be able to remove them, i might just wait and see if any grilles come up :) ill probably paint the centre one along with the middle 'S' badge. All in due time, first its coillies then wheels cause I cant say the wheels that are on appeal to me

Last edited:

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
Afraid to say my dad has first dibs on buying it back :(

Would be perfect with nicer wheels, looking to get rid of them for another set soon :)

-SlicK

No smoke, No poke
Nov 23, 2008
Beith, Scotland
I had thought about painting them but after seeing a silver leon with the lower bit painted I didnt really like it.

I think it would be too much red tbh, I was going to get the front grilles and splitter along with the rear valance done in gloss black though :)

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
True - it might be too much red, especially as your bump strips are already colour coded.

And I've just realised that the Toledo close to me that I was thinking of with colour coded bumpers has actually got an LCR bumper on the front.