Slight hesitation at low rpm

Mar 18, 2011
Teesside
Had my leon for 4 days now (150tdi 2013) and noticed a small hesitation when accelerating but only at low rpm, happens when im cruising at town speeds and feathering the throttle, is there any known issues with the pedal potentiometer on these or is there any other known issues that may attribute to this? I have a 3 month warranty from the dealer and its in for a complimentary service and machine polish on monday so im going to mention it anyway just wanted to see if any others had experienced similar,

Dan

Mar 18, 2011
Teesside
Anyone?? this has me baffed? dealer didnt find anything and ive scanned there are no codes yet hesitation persists? I must stress i didnt buy from a seat dealer I bought from a local dealer group that ive used in the past.

Things i plan to try to rectify are:

1) New pedal with potentiometer, (seems to be cheapest)
2) Custom map
3) Maybe replacing or doing away with the dpf although i would of thought that if this was the issue it would of threw a code,

I did experience similar in my old superb and occasionally threw a code relating to intake flap motor, may also order a pierburg replacment of this too and see where I am after.

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Is this at around 2000 to 2200 rpm ?

If yes - its normal.

The ecu causes it to protect the dual mass flywheel from a large dose of torque.

Mar 18, 2011
Teesside
Yeah it does just as im accelerating gently after each gear change and even setting off in first, so very light throttle, this is what made me consider the pedal,

Stegbot

Nov 27, 2013
Had my leon for 4 days now (150tdi 2013) and noticed a small hesitation when accelerating but only at low rpm, happens when im cruising at town speeds and feathering the throttle, is there any known issues with the pedal potentiometer on these or is there any other known issues that may attribute to this? I have a 3 month warranty from the dealer and its in for a complimentary service and machine polish on monday so im going to mention it anyway just wanted to see if any others had experienced similar,

Dan

My 184 TDi does that, still does it with the Revo Stage 1 map too.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.