slight jerk on acceleration

Oct 12, 2005
When I tap the accelerator slightly i get a slight jerk then it goes like hell. Any ideas. Does it in most gears. Also the calpier paint on one of the brakes is comming off a bit. Could this be sorted under warranty?

Thanks

gazjones

dont think the paint on the calipers is covered lots of lcr owners have tried and failed

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
BLT is an Engine code and dont worry the Cupra doesnt have it!

It basically was an amendment of the ASZ engine that passed the Euro 4 emissions. Many suffered from hesitation that doesnt seem to be just down to the mapping.

If you tap the accellerator on any car it will jerk forwards initially, even my 1.2 had enough power to do it pushing a passenger forward and back. If thats not what you mean, please elaborate a little.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
caliper paint is under seat warranty yes and any paint work is covered for a few years ie peeling wrong colour from new ect ect but as gaz menttioned its probably alot of hassle to get it done!

gazjones

as its brakes rash they dont se it as paint work as such problem with lcr owners is the heat makes the laquer peel. but worth a try they can only say no

sion fr

My Cupra TDI has a slight jerk or hesertation(sp) at around 2 to 2.5 on the revs I've no idea what it is tho.

im having exact same problem at around the same rev range as this. it can go fine then once you go over a speed bump especially it begins to jerk like mad. took it in to th garage b4 but they couldnt find any faults. any further help wud be great cheers

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I've had the same thing on my FR TDI - it sounds like you may be suffering the dreaded EGR hesitation - although I haven't heard of it affecting a PD160 before...

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
For those who have a problem under general constant acceleration ~2k rpm... get it checked out or get it re-mapped ;)

As for you Phil, I guess all cars do it. your asking the car to accelerate, and then not to in a short space of time. It will "jerk" the car and its occupence.

Triple D

Take the EGR valve off it, you dont really need it and it makes the car slower, you will be running with the engine light on like on mine but it doesnt matter. Take it off, and it will make it faster ;)

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Take the EGR valve off it, you dont really need it and it makes the car slower, you will be running with the engine light on like on mine but it doesnt matter. Take it off, and it will make it faster ;)

Fast enough to suck people in yet? :lol:

So does removing the Anti Shudder Butterfly make much difference. Ive heard mixed opinions... :confused:

Triple D

Fast enough to suck people in yet? :lol:

So does removing the Anti Shudder Butterfly make much difference. Ive heard mixed opinions... :confused:

Yes mate "get outta my way fiesta or ill suck you into ma engine :p" :roflmao: that was funny as **** that day :lol:

Oct 12, 2005
Had the car a few weeks now and luvin it, however the slight judder is still there esp in 5th n 6th gear. Basicaly if you press the pedal slowly down it doesnt judder. However if you put a bit more into it there is a faint judder. Its not a major problem but a bit annoying.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise