Slight prob on start-up in cold mornings

keza1

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one.
Having had a few cold morning I have noticed a small problem with the Leon.
When I start it and move within about 20 seconds and reverse off the drive....When I come to a stop to move forward the rev fluctuates as if it wants to stall as if it is losing power. It is as if it wants to cut out. I try and rev it to catch the revs but it doesn't help. If I leave it to even out it becomes fine or if I turn it off and on again it is fine. It also doesn't do it all the time and only on start up. If I sit and warm the car up for a couple of mins it is fine. Any ideas??

Only mods are a forge divert and boost gauge. Got pipercross air filter change in few days as other one needs changing.

It seems like an earthing prob to me or a sensor. There is No EML on though and it had a MAF sensor change about 6 months ago.

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
hi mate, I get something similar when starting from cold (any weather). Particularly in 1st or 2nd I think it takes a bit of time for the MAF/ECU to catch up with the fuel flow and it can be a bit jumpy at low speeds

I dont every Leon is the same and have just got used to it:)

keza1

Mine is only on start up and fine when moving along. Think it could be just a characteristic of the car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members