Slight psi drop?

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
I have noticed in the last few days my boost psi has dropped a bit? It used to peak at about 18 and hold on 16 but it seems to have dropped about 1 psi? I have been meaning to service my DV and upgrade the spring but havent got round to it yet. Do you guys think this would help? My car has been remapped and im using a 007p DV with standard spring. Any other ideas would be great! Please and thank you ;)

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Ive running the 2nd spring, plus i serviced it, it made some different. plus i dont exactlty trust my boost gauge, they never seem to be that accurate

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Yeah, i think i need to service the DV and i guess changing the spring wont hurt. I have had the forge 007p DV for over a year now and i have never touched it. Its just the boost gauge has been on for a while and its always read the same, till now? Everything with the car seems fine. Sure its nothing to worry about, Just thought i would mention it and see what people think!

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Everything seems ok. The car is driving well, its only dropped about 1 psi. I dont know really if that would be classed as a big drop or not?

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
mine has dropped a little bit to always been the same then the last week mines dropped.car runs fine and pulls nice and hard.Think i will service my DV aswell

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
I think its a good place to start, A service can only do it some good. I will do mine in the next few weeks and see if it makes any difference?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
You may want to have a quick log for the boost, actual vs requested, see if they meeting requested amount

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Called forge today to get a new spring. Should get to service the DV this weekend. I will check everything people have mentioned and see if i can find anything? Im hoping the service will sort the problem? I have also got a N75J in the garage so could stick it on and see if it helps?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.