Slight Screeching !

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
im getting a slight screechin noise from outside the car when im driving slow, at 30 mph it goes, sounds like brake pads worn? but i dont have a light on the dash! plus they arent that old. Its more noticable at low speeds but doesnt do it all the time. Any ideas?

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
if it's a high pitched squeak the try and tighten the wheel hub nut,,, that's the big one in the center of the wheel, not the 4 wheel nuts,,, you don't even have to take the wheel off, just jack up the car and tighten the big nut with the compressor,,, this is due holes and bumps and stiff suspensions,,, on mine it lasts very short, gotta tighten them very often,,,

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
BTW, pay attention, cos if it looses too much, the wheel could touch the disk and ruin it or it could ruin the bearings stressing them with misplaced weight,,,

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
if you have a big enough wrench you can try and do it yourself [provided you are strong armed] but I'd suggest going to the garage, even a tyre shop can do,,, it's a no brainer, a 1 minute job, you pay them a coffee and that's it,,,

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.