SMIC pics...

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Anyone got any pics of the standard FR TDi intercooler? I need a pic of the clip on the top hose connection if anyone has one lying about?

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Quick search on the internet found these.. but none of them probably help you much!

smic.jpg

anl_cupraLLK26.jpg

smicif9.jpg

Top left one here I believe...
golf-ibiza-new-comparison.jpg

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Cheers for that! I need a bit more of a zoomed in view of the top hose clip. I have ordered a new clip for the top hose connection on the intercooler but the one that turned up seems to be different to the one that was on there.

On the original one the metal tangs on the clip both point in the same direction whereas on the new clip that turned up the tangs point in opposite directions! I'm just trying to work out which one is correct.

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
Cheers for that! I need a bit more of a zoomed in view of the top hose clip. I have ordered a new clip for the top hose connection on the intercooler but the one that turned up seems to be different to the one that was on there.

On the original one the metal tangs on the clip both point in the same direction whereas on the new clip that turned up the tangs point in opposite directions! I'm just trying to work out which one is correct.

i have a couple of those horse shoe clips used on intercooler left over from buying a new one for my A3 a while back if you still need one?

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Cheers but I have a few different clips, I'm just not sure which one should be on there! The clips are the same dimension but the tang bits point in opposite directions on one and not on the other!