Smoked/Tinted Side Repeater Pics

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Just wondering if anyone has any smoked/tinted side repeaters like this or this?

If so, would love to see some pics with how they look on a Leon (especially a platinum grey one ;))

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has any smoked/tinted side repeaters like this or this?

If so, would love to see some pics with how they look on a Leon (especially a platinum grey one ;))

I have the first ones on my platinum grey lcr..but don't have a pic atm!! I will try and get one tomorrow :)

heres mine, done with ordinary tinting spray

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
I used to have some like the first link you posted (but not mirrored), but they were Fiesta ones because regular Leon ones didn't fit my FR. The bulb holders are different, but I think you should be OK with your SX, but don't quote me on that lol!

But they used to mist up all the time so I changed them and just used tint spray on my standard side repeaters which I think looks much better anyway!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Cheers for all the replies & photos :D

Look really good, can't wait for someone to pop along and post a pic of them on a platinum grey leon though :whistle:

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
I think that is correct about it being the facelift models that need Fiesta repeaters, so I would guess then that yours does, but I'm not certain. Maybe someone else will know for sure.

If you can take a photo of the bulb holders and the opening on the back of your standard repeaters I might be able to help, I might even have a picture of mine lying around somewhere to compare!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
I think that is correct about it being the facelift models that need Fiesta repeaters, so I would guess then that yours does, but I'm not certain. Maybe someone else will know for sure.

If you can take a photo of the bulb holders and the opening on the back of your standard repeaters I might be able to help, I might even have a picture of mine lying around somewhere to compare!

Cheers that'd be a great help.

Getting chance to fiddle about with the car tomorrow so will get a pic then and compare!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Ebay purchase. Needed a bit of trimming to get them to fit nicely.

And sorry its not Platinum

They are the same as mine; as said, bit of trimming required.. I will get a photo at some point today for you gordz :)

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
standard ones use clear bulbs; it is the reflector itself that is orange..

Ah fair enough!

Ebay purchase. Needed a bit of trimming to get them to fit nicely.

And sorry its not Platinum

Looks smart! That looks like a facelift model too. So I think it looks like I'll have to get the Fiesta Mk6 ones (i still don't understand why the Fiesta ones fit though :shrug:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members