So ... anyone used the new Shell V-Power diesel yet?

Kris

ESTATE! I'm Getting Old!
Nov 21, 2003
North Essex
Visit site
put some in my Mondy TDCI130...

Not sure I can tell the dif yet, but it is the first tank. The only thing I have noticed is that the engine seams a lot quiter!

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Isnt one of V-Power's marketing slogans "Developed with Ferrari"

Since when have Ferrari built a diesel engine!

Oh well, in the last 21000 miles ive only ever put in £20 worth of diesel that isnt Shell Diesel Extra so im willing to give it a try!

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Oh well, in the last 21000 miles ive only ever put in £20 worth of diesel that isnt Shell Diesel Extra so im willing to give it a try!
I first read that and thought £20 for 21000 miles, thats :-o economy! Its too early!

6p/litre more this V power stuff, im in London next week so hope to try a tankfull out.

Last edited:

lukey

4 Ringer
Sep 28, 2006
Harrogate
ah, thought you were on about the diesel extra
definitely the best diesel out of all the common variaties

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
*gets excited*

Do we know what cetane value this is? I'm assuming this to knock BP Ultimate Diesel off the top stop?

Shell Diesel Extra is good, but quite as good as BP Ultimate Diesel.

How does V-Power vs Diesel Extra vs BP Ultimate Diesel compare?

Hope this comes up North soon, we've had Diesel Extra for ages (which replaced standard diesel)

Goot :)

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
I put a tankful into my car a few days ago. The car is a lot quieter and the power delivery is smoother. Acceleration is better but again, long term, not sure the extra cost is worth it ... 6p per litre more over the normal stuff in my area, which works out to be over £3 more per tank.

I think it is better than a tank full of "normal" diesel wih Millers in terms of performance. Will have to see if it delivers better economy :rolleyes:

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
I put a tankful into my car a few days ago. The car is a lot quieter and the power delivery is smoother. Acceleration is better but again, long term, not sure the extra cost is worth it ... 6p per litre more over the normal stuff in my area, which works out to be over £3 more per tank.

I think it is better than a tank full of "normal" diesel wih Millers in terms of performance. Will have to see if it delivers better economy :rolleyes:

.... Just over half of the tank used. The trip computer is reporting better MPG every drive. In reality, I think it will be minimal. What really amazed me was how much less smoke there was under hard acceleration! Usually, as the car nears 3,000rpm, there is a quite a bit of smoke. It is like a mist with the car headlights following behind. I accelerated up to almost the redline through 2nd, 3rd and 4th tonight and there was very little smoke, just whisps!