software 1940 update * FREE *

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Right,
If this post goes against any rules please close it or delete it. I have no intentions or interest in stepping on anyones toes, especially sponsors.
I also have absolutely zero affiliation with the person that made it available. I found it yesterday myself through searching. As can be seen in the other thread, I downloaded it ( 9+ gb ) and formatted a pen drive to xfat. Transferred the files to it and followed the guys video instructions as he was speaking Spanish. Me being a Paddy It was all double dutch to me.
For anyone interested I will post the link here. It was plain sailing for me to do the update as I have done this with several cars prior to this, but it is literally foolproof, but I will not have any part anyone having a Fcuk up and bricking their unit.
Have fun

Reactions: Spinner90

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Meant to say watch this on Youtube and not here. The link to download is there

DC99

Aug 27, 2023
Hi,
I'm in Ireland too.
I got the car (loving it so far !) a couple of weeks ago, and am getting a message sometimes when starting the car - saying settings will be updated or something similar (I can't Remember exactly) would this update sort that?
Also did you try a Cupra dealer to ask them to complete the update?
Also my screen has restarted on its own a couple of times - does this update sort hat as well?

Also (pheewww) I find the sat nave does not really take the best or most direct route - I'm on 23.8 maps...but the routing seems to be a bit off...happen to you?

Reactions: vectra

Piles

Apr 11, 2022
Will this work on the Seat Leon also? the 1.4 e-Hybrid , I have A896 at the moment

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Hi,
I'm in Ireland too.
I got the car (loving it so far !) a couple of weeks ago, and am getting a message sometimes when starting the car - saying settings will be updated or something similar (I can't Remember exactly) would this update sort that?
Also my screen has restarted on its own a couple of times - does this update sort hat as well?

Also (pheewww) I find the sat nave does not really take the best or most direct route - I'm on 23.8 maps...but the routing seems to be a bit off...happen to you?
The latest maps are 23.8 and I've read somewhere that the system uses Google Maps. I've used both the built in, and Google Maps via Android Auto and haven't noticed any issues with routing tbh.

Will this work on the Seat Leon also? the 1.4 e-Hybrid , I have A896 at the moment
1940 has sorted the infotainment restarts for most on here that have had it, including me. Over 2 months ago now and I've not had any restarts. I have had 2 'changing system settings' pop up since the update but I guess these are small updates, I don't really know.

It will work on Formentor's and Leon's post 2020. There are 1940 threads on here covering both models. It's your choice of course but I'd advise letting the dealer do it for free if under warranty. I know its not easy if you live a long way from the dealer though.

Reactions: DC99

Piles

Apr 11, 2022
The latest maps are 23.8 and I've read somewhere that the system uses Google Maps. I've used both the built in, and Google Maps via Android Auto and haven't noticed any issues with routing tbh.

1940 has sorted the infotainment restarts for most on here that have had it, including me. Over 2 months ago now and I've not had any restarts. I have had 2 'changing system settings' pop up since the update but I guess these are small updates, I don't really know.

It will work on Formentor's and Leon's post 2020. There are 1940 threads on here covering both models. It's your choice of course but I'd advise letting the dealer do it for free if under warranty. I know its not easy if you live a long way from the dealer though.
Ok, I will poke them to do it, ty. I had the OTA update today that people talk about , that seems to have brought new issues other than restart, 3 out of 4 startups i have had a blank screen that needs to be reset with the power button

Reactions: DC99

DC99

Aug 27, 2023
screen.jpg

OMG - i have the car from new (2 weeks old and my screen went like this .- just now this evening...

A car restart "fixed" it - but i am also getting random restarts on the head unit...

Is this a symptom of NOT having the 1940 software?
My car has version 1900 on it.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
View attachment 38318

OMG - i have the car from new (2 weeks old and my screen went like this .- just now this evening...

A car restart "fixed" it - but i am also getting random restarts on the head unit...

That doesn't look good at all o_O. I'd say it's a display problem or some local major interference perhaps? Never seen anything like this tbh.
At least you have a photo so make sure the dealer sees it when you book it in for the issues you are having.
I wrote a list of my issues and snapped a few photos too. This really helped push the dealer to check everything and do the updates.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
View attachment 38318

I'd be making a call to my dealership from the safety of a bunker, anything that looks that 'Independance Day' is not going to be good 😳🙈

• Haha
Reactions: DC99 and oldgitdave

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Hi,
I'm in Ireland too.

Hello fellow countryman.
I didn't ask the dealer as they can be a pain in the Butt at times booking it in and taking ages to do a 10 minute job.
I had a black screen reboots after buying this ( just over a month ago.)
Touch wood, it has been stable since.
I don't use the nav to be honest.
Use Waze, it is brilliant.

Feb 22, 2022
Hi everyone, I hope you can understand the video since I speak in Italian, the procedure is simple but you have to follow all the steps carefully and you don't have to rush. I solved both the startups and the continuous startup of hola hola

Reactions: Eryas and vectra

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Had 1940 installed during dealer service the other week, now getting almost continual SOS and Travel Assist errors with a ding everytime it occurs, which is when I assume it's losing the internal SIM connection (which it obviously needs for the SOS, but does the Travel Assist use the SIM, or do they share a module?).

Tried swapping to using my phone and back to the SIM which fixed it a couple of months ago but doesn't now. It will 'ding' and almost immediaetly clear, or after a few minutes or it it can stay disabled until the cars turned off.

Getting a tad annoying now, but at least the reboots seem to have stopped....

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Had 1940 installed during dealer service the other week, now getting almost continual SOS and Travel Assist errors with a ding everytime it occurs, which is when I assume it's losing the internal SIM connection (which it obviously needs for the SOS, but does the Travel Assist use the SIM, or do they share a module?).

Tried swapping to using my phone and back to the SIM which fixed it a couple of months ago but doesn't now. It will 'ding' and almost immediaetly clear, or after a few minutes or it it can stay disabled until the cars turned off.

Getting a tad annoying now, but at least the reboots seem to have stopped....

Look out for an OUI2 update.

I would call service to report it immediately, get yourself booked in for another dealer appointment as you'll be waiting weeks eitherway. If the OTA update happens during that time, you can install it and cancel the appointment.

I've not had the travel assist affected by the SOS system though - but I believe parts of the travel assist does need location information for some of the features like road speed limits - which uses a mix of sign recognition and satnav info for roundabouts - where it will annoyingly set ACC to 30mph on a 40mph road randomly etc. (even without eco assist) and motorways for lane change assist (a feature I've never gotten to work yet)

DC99

Aug 27, 2023
Is it possible to tell if i have that update? (Not the 1940) I remember getting the car a moth or so ago and an update appeared for me - but didn’t pay attention as to what it was….

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Gave the system a hard reboot (holding the power button down for 10+ seconds until the Cupra splash screen appears) on the way home last night and it was much better this morning, almost did 20 minutes until Front assist sensor errored (lots of rain / spray so understandable and not unusual, then Drive Assist errored and finally just before I turned it off the SOS error popped up. Much better, so let's see how it goes.

I'm ashamed to say, as I work in IT that I forgot "Rule No.1 of IT" - Turn it off and on again.... :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.