Software Update 1896

Jun 10, 2022
After 2 visits at my local dealership to finish the 1896 update, I have noticed that the trailer assist is gone from the menu and there is no pure sound option in individual settings for the exhaust. Is this a common thing after the update?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I don't know about the pure sound option (never had it) but one thing I noticed for sure is that after the 1896 update (which in my case was a package update for a bunch of modules) the stupid soundaktor seems to be a bit toned down and doesn't sound as obnoxiously wrong.

computer angel 68

Jul 10, 2021
Weekly comms from Seat apologising for the lack of spares, still got no screen, etc. Not happy, I will be contacting VWFS; I wonder if I can reject the car; not had it for a year; I went into the dealer on May 20th. Yes, I know that the world is in a problematic place etc., etc. So don't do an update that could brick the car comms. They can make a car but are **** with software. Oh, btw, Seat are saying hardly any are going wrong, apart from the 3,000 units they have had to order to put cars right, and they had a meeting with dealers to discuss this!. Strange that my Brother In Laws software on his Skoda was a problem too. Sorry, just a bit peed off with it!

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
Weekly comms from Seat apologising for the lack of spares, still got no screen, etc. Not happy, I will be contacting VWFS; I wonder if I can reject the car; not had it for a year; I went into the dealer on May 20th. Yes, I know that the world is in a problematic place etc., etc. So don't do an update that could brick the car comms. They can make a car but are **** with software. Oh, btw, Seat are saying hardly any are going wrong, apart from the 3,000 units they have had to order to put cars right, and they had a meeting with dealers to discuss this!. Strange that my Brother In Laws software on his Skoda was a problem too. Sorry, just a bit peed off with it!
They will love you to reject the car, they can sell it approved used to some other poor fool for more than you paid for it.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Has anyone found that the 1896 update hasn’t fixed many issues? I had mine updated from 1672 - 1896 a few weeks ago and now get the SOS error every time I drive it. The car will still change from primary to guest user while driving, acc still randomly matches the speed of the cars in the inside lane, the kick function for opening the boot is still very hit and miss and I now often find the passenger wing mirror has moved but is random. The only issue that I haven’t had is the speed being displayed kph instead of mph. I love the car but was hoping the software update was going to fix most of the issues Instead of making them worse. I’m not sure whether different modules needed updates also as the Seat garage master technician who normally does all Cupra work was on holiday when the car had the update?

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
If you had 1672 there was a module package update they should have done that updated a bunch of stuff
Hi Jaco2k, that would make sense and explain why the car seems worse now than it was before the update. I have the car booked in for a few days on Monday so they can hopefully fix the issues 🤞

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
ACC Undertaking is fixed by A896. Mine hasn’t done it once since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interestingly mine did do it shortly after updating but then hasnt again since, although I dont use it very often because of the undertaking issue. Maybe it’s worth giving it a chance again

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Mine came with 1896, delivered a little over a week ago. Ive had no problems so far.
I saw this morning there is an OTA update to fix a few bugs. Should I start the download?
Thinking I might not!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Mine came with 1896, delivered a little over a week ago. Ive had no problems so far.
I saw this morning there is an OTA update to fix a few bugs. Should I start the download?
Thinking I might not!
I'd be tempted to work on the basis of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Or as my German friends say "Nichts für Gerfingerpoken"

Reactions: Andy.M

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
I picked mine up two weeks ago and the infotainment reports that it’s on Version 1896. I was specifically told by the salesperson handing it over not to update if it popped up and asked me to as it had been bricking cars infotainments recently and they’re unable to source replacements from CUPRA currently.
Sure enough during the handover it popped up and the guy cancelled it. I haven’t seen it ask since but I’ll steer clear for now if I do see it.
Interestingly on my way home the ACC wouldn’t undertake on the M6, but driving down the M5 this weekend it would happily undertake anything with me being in the inside lane and happily passing cars in the middle lane :rolleyes:
Other than that I’ve not had any infotainment problems. It seems quite snappy and not laggy at all. It all seems to be working as it should, touch wood!
0A52E9E2-643D-4DDC-88EE-98DBB5DA5A42.jpeg

Last edited:

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
I picked mine up two weeks ago and the infotainment reports that it’s on Version 1896. I was specifically told by the salesperson handing it over not to update if it popped up and asked me to as it had been bricking cara infotainments recently and they’re unable to source replacements from CUPRA currently.
Sure enough during the handover it popped up and the guy cancelled it. I haven’t seen it ask since but I’ll steer clear for now if I do see it.
Interestingly on my way home the ACC wouldn’t undertake on the M6, but driving down the M5 this weekend it would happily undertake anything with me being in the inside lane and happily passing cars in the middle lane :rolleyes:
Other than that I’ve not had any infotainment problems. It seems quite snappy and not laggy at all. It all seems to be working as it should, touch wood! View attachment 33079
Thought as much!
I’ve not tried undertaking yet I’ll give it a go and see.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I picked mine up two weeks ago and the infotainment reports that it’s on Version 1896. I was specifically told by the salesperson handing it over not to update if it popped up and asked me to as it had been bricking cars infotainments recently and they’re unable to source replacements from CUPRA currently.
Other than that I’ve not had any infotainment problems. It seems quite snappy and not laggy at all. It all seems to be working as it should, touch wood!
Undertaking is not the issue many have/did have
The issue is that the car will not do a normal overtake in the UK with the ACC on.
It thinks you are abroad and it is trying to stop you undertaking.

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
If that’s the case then I have a new issue…it undertakes and doesn’t recognise a car in the right hand lane :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Undertaking is not the issue many have/did have
The issue is that the car will not do a normal overtake in the UK with the ACC on.
It thinks you are abroad and it is trying to stop you undertaking.
Mine doesn't.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.