Software Update 1896

Tell

Staff member
The strange thing is I can obviously connect with cupra connect servers as it allows me to log into the car and the app. The car says hello John when I open it and turn it on etc. So it's communicating in some way to cupra connect. The next stage of becoming primary is the obstacle
Or a server issue. Seem to recall Leon 4 owners having an issue where it was in the server area. Any chance of them issuing you a new user so you can start again. Probably a procedure they have to go thru to remove the car from your account so you can start off again.

Seat central technical support the dealers go thru should be the guys that are giving them the details of what to do. Depends how much the dealers staff are doing off their own back.

Certainly not be able to login as primary user has come up wity Leon 4 users.

Just heard from case manager at CUPRA, they have spoken to the tech team at cupra connect and they are confident it's a hardware problem. They have spoken to the dealership and car booked in next week for a diagnostic check and DISS analysis.
I had this same issue after updating. How can it be a software issue when it worked fine before the update?

I couldn't even login at all until I recommissioned the telematics module after the update. Now I can login but I can't become the primary user

New owners problem - car goes to WBAC on Friday unless motorway gets a decent price tomorrow. Release the positive equity before the prices settle 😂

Last edited:

Sehanine

Dec 18, 2021
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I know which version of software my car has? I don't know my way round it yet! TIA :)

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do I know which version of software my car has? I don't know my way round it yet! TIA :)
Hi, with the ignition on or car running, hit the circle in the bottom lefthand corner of the infotainment screen. Hit it again to show individual icons on the screen and then select the 'settings' icon. Scroll down to 'system information' click it and you software version will be shown like this:
20220505_143328.jpg

Reactions: Sehanine

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Just collected the car, not only is the primary user issue fixed, but i now have working wireless AA.

They informed me that my car had another available update and that they had to reconfig a couple of files and some CANBUS had to be reset.

All in all, very happy!!!!

Reactions: oldgitdave

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Just collected the car, not only is the primary user issue fixed, but i now have working wireless AA.

They informed me that my car had another available update and that they had to reconfig a couple of files and some CANBUS had to be reset.

All in all, very happy!!!!
Did they find your Mustang at least?

Sorry, poor joke..

This Tip has now been superseded with a campaign 90T5 only last week...
2066692/3 was released for vehicles with 8AW on May 6th.. 1896 has been available for vehicles with 8AW since May 6th (or earlier if like myself you're impatient), and vehicles with 8AR way before this. You'll see I posted about the release of 2066692/3 and attached the TPI as PDF 🙂

90T4 should be completed before 2066682, however 2066682/3 doesn't have to be completed prior to 90T5

Attachments

• Q-Service Packet VRD Light Formentor (1).pdf
    820 KB · Views: 235
  • sw_90t5_v2_eng (1).pdf
    196.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

computer angel 68

Jul 10, 2021
It is a pia to drive, no option to turn off lane assist, no climate, no sat-nav, no parking sensors, and no rear camera. So nearly three weeks and still no news from the dealer for the ECM it needs. It was getting a little miffed off with it all. Is anyone else having this wait with the dealers?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
It is a pia to drive, no option to turn off lane assist, no climate, no sat-nav, no parking sensors, and no rear camera. So nearly three weeks and still no news from the dealer for the ECM it needs. It was getting a little miffed off with it all. Is anyone else having this wait with the dealers?
Is it deffo the software doing this ?
Mine kept coming up with lots of issues and it wouldn't accept the software update.
it turned out to be a wiring issue.
once that was fixed - all the errors went away

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members