Software Update 1896

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Just called the dealership, is on the charger and been plugged in receiving the update from 1672 for about 1.5hrs.

Fingers crossed all will go well.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Do you have any issues afterwards registering as a primary user with two keys? After update I’m stuck as a guset and remote services are not working 😂 Visited dealer and as always “diss” :)
Did you resolve the issue? Just picked mine up after a successful update to 1896. Logged in OK, but it just hangs on please wait when I say yes to regular as the primary user?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Did you resolve the issue? Just picked mine up after a successful update to 1896. Logged in OK, but it just hangs on please wait when I say yes to regular as the primary user?
Sorry to hear the update hasn't quite gone to plan! Have you tried just leaving it and not clicking yes on start up? I never touch mine, the prompt just goes away and logs me in.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Sorry to hear the update hasn't quite gone to plan! Have you tried just leaving it and not clicking yes on start up? I never touch mine, the prompt just goes away and logs me in.
I get logged in fine as it shows my 'username' just can't become primary user and hence cupra connect app not functioning as shows vehicle as deregistered

Filipp

Nov 16, 2020
Dealer contacted Cupra and I was
told to leave car again tomorrow as they have „something” for my car. Will let you know.
Interesting fact is that since remote services are not working in my car i don’t have ANY - 0 issues with everything else and infotainment is just blistering. So i’m wondering if i really want them to do „something” again….

Last edited:

John Wick

May 12, 2022
told to leave car again tomorrow as they have „something” for my car. Will let you know.
Interesting fact is that since remote services are not working in my car i don’t have ANY - 0 issues with everything else and infotainment is just blistering. So i’m wondering if i really want them to do „something” again….
Agree, everything else is fine, other than that wireless android auto refuses to work, I have Note Ultra 20,with latest version, so shouldn't be a problem, but nope won't even detect as wireless.... Cable works absolutely fine.

I have reset to factory settings added and removed the car, but it continues to hang on please wait when trying add myself as primary user.

Be interested to know what they do to resolve this issue.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I wonder if microsoft developed the firmware for these cars.

Full of bugs and now subject to constant updates to fix what should have been right from the start.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Please let me know what they say or do and how you get on. Many thanks

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Just heard from case manager at CUPRA, they have spoken to the tech team at cupra connect and they are confident it's a hardware problem. They have spoken to the dealership and car booked in next week for a diagnostic check and DISS analysis.

Filipp

Nov 16, 2020
I had to left car overnight at shop. Was told that they encountered additional problems updating OCU so I assume they will end up replacing some HW 😂

John Wick

May 12, 2022
I will mention the fact that I might need the OCU updated? Also it's current functionality

Filipp

Nov 16, 2020
I spoke with technician in the morning and their plan was to follow Cupra recommendations part of which was OCU reset/disconnection and if that wouldn’t help - update it. They couldn’t update it after first two steps and additionaly have some messages from virtual cockpit so hard to say which part needs replacement….

John Wick

May 12, 2022
I spoke with technician in the morning and their plan was to follow Cupra recommendations part of which was OCU reset/disconnection and if that wouldn’t help - update it. They couldn’t update it after first two steps and additionaly have some messages from virtual cockpit so hard to say which part needs replacement….
Is an OCU reset/disconnect something that people can do yourself?

Filipp

Nov 16, 2020
I think not - you can disconnect it by fuse however they removed whole
unit and reset using odis.
Just got call from workshop - car is ready. In the morning they tried logging in again and it worked - this car is a mystery 🤣🤣

Tell

Staff member
Is an OCU reset/disconnect something that people can do yourself?
Probably messed up the software update rather than hardware, re-reading your issue. Hardware is dumb so unless it gets a fault via an electrostatic discharge via being worked on etc (e.g.. they bust it) or an act of God at the same time, unlikely, it's the software being incorrectly applied during the update.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Probably messed up the software update rather than hardware, re-reading your issue. Hardware is dumb so unless it gets a fault via an electrostatic discharge via being worked on etc (e.g.. they bust it) or an act of God at the same time, unlikely, it's the software being incorrectly applied during the update.
The strange thing is I can obviously connect with cupra connect servers as it allows me to log into the car and the app. The car says hello John when I open it and turn it on etc. So it's communicating in some way to cupra connect. The next stage of becoming primary is the obstacle

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members