Software Update 1896

Filipp

Nov 16, 2020
Today I got my car back after the update from 1666 (I moved back from 1672 after 5F unit replacement) to 1896.
At first when dealer was checking erwin told me there is nothing new for my car but I gave him TPI number and after 20 minutes I was told that indeed there is campaign for my car...I have 12 in screen with 8 AW code.
So far it looks promising beside the fact that car is not allowing me to become primary user :ROFLMAO:

Today I got my car back after the update from 1666 (I moved back from 1672 after 5F unit replacement) to 1896.
At first when dealer was checking erwin told me there is nothing new for my car but I gave him TPI number and after 20 minutes I was told that indeed there is campaign for my car...I have 12 in screen with 8 AW code.
So far it looks promising beside the fact that car is not allowing me to become primary user :ROFLMAO:
What's the TPI number for cars with 8AW? I checked earlier and couldn't see anything listed 🤔

Thankfully my impatience hasn't caused any complications/headaches
IMG_20220516_174430.jpg

Reactions: Tell

Filipp

Nov 16, 2020
Do you have any issues afterwards registering as a primary user with two keys? After update I’m stuck as a guset and remote services are not working 😂 Visited dealer and as always “diss” :)

Attachments

• 941714C5-061F-490D-81CD-D295C31B103D.jpeg
    941714C5-061F-490D-81CD-D295C31B103D.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 162

Filipp

Nov 16, 2020
Nope, thats funny - globe is white, I can log in into my accpunt from car level BUT cannot register as primary and I get this message when tries to connect with support from car :) I resetted OCU but it didn’t change a thing….

Filipp

Nov 16, 2020
Yes, all is working (much smoother than on 1672SW ) Maybe thats “hidden feature” of 1896 ;-)

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Thanks to Jaco2K i have my car booked into the dealership next week. Currently on H56 / 1672, if i read the TPI correctly the 1896 upgrade is available (please let me know if i have read it wrong)

Is there anything i should be aware of following the update, problems, issues etc or have most updates gone without issue?

Dealership were fine, i just told them it was 'laggy', which it actually isn't.

AndrewRL

Jun 17, 2021
So firstly my apologies as I am a techno dinosaur and I am sure the answer is above somewhere but could one of you intelligent beings confirm what software I should have now? Below is a picture of my system information. It is a VZ2 2 litre 310 (a year old) and rhd (obviously although I still think the car thinks it is lhd). Based on what I may understand from the discussion... should the software show 1896 rather than 1790? The car was in for its first service yesterday and i was told that everything had been updated to the latest. If this isn't the right info, can you let me know where to look?
Again apologies for going over any previous discussions :oops::rolleyes:
Many thanks guys and gals:worship:

Attachments

• Cupra system.jpg
    Cupra system.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 133

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
So firstly my apologies as I am a techno dinosaur and I am sure the answer is above somewhere but could one of you intelligent beings confirm what software I should have now? Below is a picture of my system information. It is a VZ2 2 litre 310 (a year old) and rhd (obviously although I still think the car thinks it is lhd). Based on what I may understand from the discussion... should the software show 1896 rather than 1790? The car was in for its first service yesterday and i was told that everything had been updated to the latest. If this isn't the right info, can you let me know where to look?
Again apologies for going over any previous discussions :oops::rolleyes:
Many thanks guys and gals:worship:
Yup 1790 on your car. My guess is that the garage didn't update it. Hopefully you may get the over the air update as others have been receiving or you may have to get it booked back in to the garage for them to apply 1896. I think they'll only do it if you complain about some of the issues the update should fix so you may have to be creative. :)

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
When I booked mine in for the update I took a list of the issues I had & even managed to get some pics of the infotainment & dash screens with the errors present. The dealer was quite impressed & said they were useful to have.
Up until today I've had no issues at all on 1896, well not really an issue I suppose but I did get 2 pops from the speakers for the first time since the update. I was on an industrial estate on my way to get a quote for a small scratch I want sorting. So I was a bit worried after getting the quote as to what might happen next (pre update I had the dreaded SOS Emergency issue every time!) This time driving back no issues at all & no more pops either. So far I'm very happy, ACC is definitely fixed & I was still there as primary user. I did come from 1890 though.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
I have mine booked in next week with the dealer to hopefully get it upgraded to 1896. Are there any reference numbers or service bulletin type numbers I can quote if needed. Also any suggestions on what I should say if they ask what problems I have been experiencing to warrant the update check etc? Many thanks in advance.

luc

Sep 10, 2021
Am the owner of a 2022 V2 Hybrid, up until yesterday it was showing approximately 38/39 Electric Mileage when fully charged
Latest Software was installed yesterday and has been charged twice since then and only showing 29/30 miles when fully charged now
Anyone got any ideas
They have indeed decrease the capacity of the battery with the latest software update!
This is related to the battery isolation recall, I've been told that after the installation of isolation a software update will be performed to regain the original design capacity.
To me, what they have done is a little bit illegal...after all the car is not their property and any modifications that affects the original specs should be transmitted and agreed by the car owner.

computer angel 68

Jul 10, 2021
I started to do the update ten days ago, but the next day no screen. I left it a while as it suggested it would work in the background, etc. A few hours later and nothing did the reset. There was nothing on the screen, and all warning systems started appearing on the dash. The CAr still drives; however, we have no heating, no stereo, nothing. The dealer looked at it on Friday, and it needs a new ECM and re-install. The situation has happened to a lot of Seat / Cupra's. According to my dealer, three thousand of these ECM are on order for bricked cars. It could take up to 10 days for the part, and the car is virtually useless—what a challenge.

• Sad
Reactions: oldgitdave

John Wick

May 12, 2022
It certainly seems to be the case that it should only be attempted by the dealership. Not an OTA update. I see more cases where it bricks the unit from an OTA attempt, compared to the dealership update.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.