Software Update 1896

MartinT

Nov 22, 2021
Dealer is taking mine back for further investigation in a couple of weeks. Saying now that they need it for 2 days and might need a hardware update too. I asked them why it hadn’t been fixed during the last visit when I specifically asked for the speaker pop sos issue to be rectified and they blamed their system of how they are told what updates to perform by some higher technical authority. :rolleyes:

At least the ACC issue seems to be sorted now, and overall I quite like the look and feel of 1896, although the easy way of turning off the lane assist that I used to have on the centre screen seems to have disappeared.

Dealer is taking mine back for further investigation in a couple of weeks. Saying now that they need it for 2 days and might need a hardware update too. I asked them why it hadn’t been fixed during the last visit when I specifically asked for the speaker pop sos issue to be rectified and they blamed their system of how they are told what updates to perform by some higher technical authority. :rolleyes:

At least the ACC issue seems to be sorted now, and overall I quite like the look and feel of 1896, although the easy way of turning off the lane assist that I used to have on the centre screen seems to have disappeared.
Dealers can only perform updates that are listed for the car on their system. Otherwise ODIS will say no when they attempt it - and they can't recover the costs under warranty

Have you set the lane assist to remember the last condition? (ie on/off)

MartinT

Nov 22, 2021
Dealers can only perform updates that are listed for the car on their system. Otherwise ODIS will say no when they attempt it - and they can't recover the costs under warranty.
Thanks for the insight (y)
Have you set the lane assist to remember the last condition? (ie on/off)
Errrrr no :redface: Can this be done in the normal user settings through the centre screen? Can’t believe I’ve been manually turning it off at the start of every journey for almost a year because I missed the feature to keep it off!

Thanks for the insight (y)

Errrrr no :redface: Can this be done in the normal user settings through the centre screen? Can’t believe I’ve been manually turning it off at the start of every journey for almost a year because I missed the feature to keep it off!
It needs doing with a quick bit of coding. You can have it default to off or remember the last state

You can also disable the warning on the dash for when it's disabled

Reactions: DEAN0

kondziu80

Sep 14, 2021
Anyone knows what's been changed in H58 hardware , I can see that some cars are on H56 but mine is on H58 ?

Bigtim

Oct 16, 2017
It needs doing with a quick bit of coding. You can have it default to off or remember the last state

You can also disable the warning on the dash for when it's disabled
Intrigued! Apologies if I’ve missed the obvious but who can do the coding to turn off Lane Assist? Will the dealer do it on request? Thank you in advance :)

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Reactions: Tell
May 9, 2022
Am the owner of a 2022 V2 Hybrid, up until yesterday it was showing approximately 38/39 Electric Mileage when fully charged
Latest Software was installed yesterday and has been charged twice since then and only showing 29/30 miles when fully charged now
Anyone got any ideas

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Am the owner of a 2022 V2 Hybrid, up until yesterday it was showing approximately 38/39 Electric Mileage when fully charged
Latest Software was installed yesterday and has been charged twice since then and only showing 29/30 miles when fully charged now
Anyone got any ideas
Perhaps the latest software has forgotten your driving style which it Previously used to estimate 38/39 miles and has defaulted back to 29/30 miles until it re-learns.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Perhaps the latest software has forgotten your driving style which it Previously used to estimate 38/39 miles and has defaulted back to 29/30 miles until it re-learns.
Could be!
I also read somewhere (was it here?) that the minimum threshold for automatically going to Hybrid mode was defaulted to 30% battery in some cases after the update. That threshold needed to be set back to 0 or 10%.

But to be honest, 30 mile range sounds pretty realistic? We're you able to actually get more range than this? If not, it seems the update brought a better estimate.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Could be!
I also read somewhere (was it here?) that the minimum threshold for automatically going to Hybrid mode was defaulted to 30% battery in some cases after the update. That threshold needed to be set back to 0 or 10%.

But to be honest, 30 mile range sounds pretty realistic? We're you able to actually get more range than this? If not, it seems the update brought a better estimate.
No, I've never really tried to max out the range as it's so variable on conditions and style.

May 9, 2022
No it was clearly a software issue as this morning it updated again with new software and it has now returned to 38 miles which I do get

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
I’m struggling to set up a shortcut to disable lane assist on the updated software, or is it just me!

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
I’m struggling to set up a shortcut to disable lane assist on the updated software, or is it just me!
It’s changed now as you could put the start/stop on the main screen to, but I just press the picture of the car to turn it off there.
if you like lane assist off so it’s on a memory from the last time you used it you can do this with OBDeleven or if you are close to East Yorkshire retrofits they can sort that.

Reactions: Tormentor

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Just checked - nothing yet -_-
sad dr who GIF

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members