Software Update stuck?

dts0205

Feb 11, 2021
Has anyone else had this update start? Came through to me yesterday. It progressed this far within a few secs then it's been stuck like this. I've driven around 1 hour yesterday and same again this morning but it's not getting any further.
IMG_20210324_093343.jpg

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
Same here. Waited 10mins on the drive connected to WiFi and it didn't move. Drove off and switched the eSIM on.

30 minute drive to work and was in the exact same place as yours.

Got all excited, so hopefully it finishes!

Educated Scruff

Nov 19, 2020
Same here. Waited 10mins on the drive connected to WiFi and it didn't move. Drove off and switched the eSIM on.

30 minute drive to work and was in the exact same place as yours.

Got all excited, so hopefully it finishes!
I had the same thing, so I just exit the download and then when I looked at system info it had actually updated.

dts0205

Feb 11, 2021
What version are you on now?
IMG_20210324_125249.jpg

The update hasnt progressed any further and I'll been in the car with power on for 2 hours plus now. Current versions shown above so no idea if the update will change that (if it ever finishes)

dts0205

Feb 11, 2021
Mines been the same for past few days, just doesn't seem to be progressing any

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
I'v received two notifications of which told me the update has failed. :unsure:

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
Mine came up for a while saying please wait. Then the screen said no updates available. Which I thought meant it was finished, but no software numbers have changed.

Might be a bug that Dan mentioned in another thread that it doesn't change the numbers. Or more likely it just failed completely 🤷🏻‍♂️

Deleted member 123864

I’ve never noticed mine updating in the 2 months I’ve had it

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Mine came up for a while saying please wait. Then the screen said no updates available. Which I thought meant it was finished, but no software numbers have changed.

Might be a bug that Dan mentioned in another thread that it doesn't change the numbers. Or more likely it just failed completely 🤷🏻‍♂️

The version number has never changed in mine since the day I picked it up (took a photo to remember:))

I know that I've had updates work as the store "app" was enabled at the end of last year which was mentioned in the unhelpful release notes of the update at the time

Mine always gets stuck at around 3/4 the length of the bar almost immediately after pressing the update button, I just ignore it turn the ignition off leave the car and lock it by the time I get in the car next (usually next morning) there's no mention of the update and as I said above it has done "something" so I assume it completed successfully

If it's still stuck the next morning then I would assume the update failed, and the page got stuck or wasn't aware the update failed, try rebooting the system(touch and hold the power button until you see the seat logo), the update could prevent the automatic everything off after 20 mins, I don't know for sure I'm basing this of my knowledge in other non-car related computer systems

With other cars I've had in the past after a failed update (which was every update with ford sync :ROFLMAO: ) a trip to the dealer always verified the update installed correctly.

I don't think the loader is actually showing progress more what step it is on, for example: (I don't know this is just my assumption)
1/4 - downloading update
2/4 - unpacking update
3/4 - installing update
4/4 - verifying update/done
It's a trick often done in software with progress bars

When I got in the car this morning there was another update (different release notes anyway), still got stuck at the 3/4 mark, just checked 4 hours later and it's still updating perhaps mines stuck now too
IMG_20210325_163828.jpg

IMG_20210325_203948.jpg

Reactions: dts0205

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Same here... stuck 3/4 progress or failed and again reappeared ... and are more updates in fact but it shows them differently and both of them until now failed or stuck... so if it is happening with all of us in different parts of the world, same issue, sounds like a problem in Seat servers or something. Hope they get it fixed soon.

Will try to make an official complaint soon.

dts0205

Feb 11, 2021
I've now got 3 instances all trying at once, the "delete all" button appears to do nothing. I've held the power button to restart it, but they all try again.

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_091324.jpg
    IMG_20210329_091324.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 178

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Mine have all cleared do not sure if they have completed (as no update complete message us ever given) or if they have just given up.

I’ll see if the infamous red dot that indicates an update appears when I drive home in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
After three tries I've given up trying to install.

Two days later (and two spontaneous reboots of the infotainment while driving), this morning a message appeared that the software update was succesfull!
However the version number of the firmware stayed at 1664

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
I got a different message that the provider had canceled them... so still a mess :) regarding updates.