something special for my special little 1.4?

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
hi all,

im going over the england in the next few weeks hopefully to do a audi r8 driving experiance thing that i got for my birthday, :D

while im over there i want to take my car to somewhere to have... something done, not sure what yet because everthing i want won't really do much to a 1.4 :(

i was thinking along the lines of custom exhaust? or
get it mapped?

something that'll make it sound nicer, or go faster.. or look nicer really, i dont know,

any ideas? :)

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
I would make it lighter by removing as much sound deadening, rear seats, etc as possible as that will help the engine move the heavy chassis around. Other than that just save up for a Cupra/LCR.

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
haha as much as i'd love to make it that much lighter, i still wanna keep it nice :p

yea i was thinkin gabout strut braces, do they make a massive difference?

hahaha i'd love to save up for an LC/LCR, but seeing how im only 17 with a part time job and still at school, thats a long shot :p haha

mikeholroyd

Leave it alone!

You're 17 years old. Don't you realise how lucky you are having such a nice car at that age?
Remember that the moment you start mapping or modding, your insurance will go up and up and up, and I'm sure it's high enough for you at the moment as it is!

Nah, respect the fact that you've got a car that a lot of your peers would give their right arm for.

Enjoy it as it is!

Mike

chriskarl22

id wait till you have a years no claims
im only 18 and i have an lcr 225 they were asking over £7000 last year for me 2 insure an lcr 225 so i just held on till i was 18
as soon a i got a years no claims it dropped loads to under a third of that which isnt cheap compared to what older people pay but considering i was paying only £200 less a year last year on an astra 1.8 i wouldnt say it was to bad in comparison

sick2death

Dec 3, 2009
SY11
When I was 17, I had a 17 year old polo...

Oh those were the days. No lights on the dash, so night time driving was guesswork how quick you were going.

Leaving a pan under the oil leak and topping it back up in the morning.

Shooting it to bits with a paintball gun, and never cleaning it off.

Torn seats, with what seemed like straw stuffing?!

Your very lucky... leave it be, a couple more years then mod your heart out.

mikeholroyd

I won't tell you how old my Austin Allegro was when I was 17:p

Looking back, never in my wildest dreams could I ever have seen myself with something as nice as a Leon.

Mike

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
I won't tell you how old my Austin Allegro was when I was 17:p

Looking back, never in my wildest dreams could I ever have seen myself with something as nice as a Leon.

Mike

For me, the older you get the nicer car you have. Thats means when your 17 you should have a crap car :whistle:

Anyway, sorry for taking this off topic slightly...

my first car was a 95 Fiat Chinquechentoo..... lol.... I am 6 ft 5.... imagine it.... lol

it was amazin, the clock had broken, so i blue tak'd a £1.00 alarm clock to the dash with a poo LCD screen that when it got too hot just went black.

Had two 10" subs in the boot, filled the boot.... was amazing....

Oh how I miss that car...

The day I got my Leon, I was on the M-way home, and a Chinqechento drove past me... in the rear window it had a decal '0.9 and giving it EVERYTHING' i thought, 'I know how you feel pal' and hammered past him hahaha

Last edited:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
i bought my first car at 16 1/2 ready my 17th , bought it for £60

guess what

it wasa an F reg Seat Ibiza , you know the one box with Porsche sticker in window (reads smaller print , designed fuel pump

but you though oh great porsche help design the car , must be good :)

drove it for a few months then sold it on for a tidy profit and got myself humptine Fiestas

and now im back to seat at 25 :)

as for the OP ,

what aout the S3 braces , you could argue that they are genuine items and are on your car , help aid handling

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
when i first passed my test i was 25 so not so long ago :) and my chap had a astra gsi it scared the :censored: out of me so it had to go as i wouldnt drive it needless to say he wasnt a happy bunny ;)

greganderson

Nov 16, 2009
Isle of man
haha yea i suppose, i used to have a renault megane until my mate went into the side of it :/ haha i actually miss it even though i was dying to get rid :p

so then i bought this leon for £800 off my uncle, :D haha but its got quite a few problems :( haha

yea i think im just gonna save up for some nice alloys and a nice sub :D haha

EDIT: cupra R @ 18!?!?! whaaatt hahaha if i could afford it i would, i passed my test when i was 16, so when im 18, it should be alot cheaper, and i think my insurance is cheaper over on this little isle anyway :)

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
Just keep it clean and in good nic so that when you can afford a nicer car you will get top money for yours.

I had a W reg Metro when i was 17 and i don't mean a 2000 W, that was 16 years ago now, how time flies.

haha yea i suppose, i used to have a renault megane until my mate went into the side of it :/ haha i actually miss it even though i was dying to get rid :p

so then i bought this leon for £800 off my uncle, :D haha but its got quite a few problems :( haha

yea i think im just gonna save up for some nice alloys and a nice sub :D haha

EDIT: cupra R @ 18!?!?! whaaatt hahaha if i could afford it i would, i passed my test when i was 16, so when im 18, it should be alot cheaper, and i think my insurance is cheaper over on this little isle anyway :)

I've got a sub/box/amp for sale.....

Alpine SWR-1224D - http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3891.html

Vibe BlackBox II - http://www.parkmyauto.co.uk/vibe-blackbox-ii---2-channel-600w-amplifier-214-p.asp

12" sealed MDF sub box

PM me if your interested... More or less unused....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.