Sorry Another Central Locking Question

Aij29

Seat Virgin
Feb 14, 2010
Cornwall
Hi Guys

I know central locking issues have loads of threads already,

And i`ve found threads that cover the same problem as mine but nobody ever posts the results to what finally fixed it:cry:

Basically my central locking works when i lock the car from the passenger side but when i lock it from the drivers side the passenger side still opens and the alarm goes off,

My keyfob doesnt work properly either

Thanks
Adrian

Aij29

Seat Virgin
Feb 14, 2010
Cornwall
Hi Vikki

I took the driverside handle of mine and found that the paddle shaped piece
had snapped off,

Its a common fault on VW based cars,so much so there is an ebay seller
that has sold nearly 5000 repair kits,

The kits are £14 plus postage,just make sure you order the correct one for your car

Cheers
Adrian

cupra glasgow

I had issues with central locking on my leon key fob only opened doors not lock them and the car thought the drivers door was open all the time and so the drivers door would not lock and interior light remained on, elec wndowssometimes went down for no reason.
Was the door lock sensor in the drivers door cost £100 for part and has solved all issues, dont know if this is the same prob you have but sounds similar

vngtx

mist likely the paddle on the lock but could also be the microswitch in the door latch that tells the central locking system when the door is locked or open.

Aij29

Seat Virgin
Feb 14, 2010
Cornwall
paddle + spring = £2, so go to dealer and get one
why pay £14 for a kit? :S

Blimey thats cheap,

I read somewhere on the forum that the parts were almost impossible to get
from Seat?

I`m thinking of using the parts from my passenger side handle and fitting a Mk4 polo
rear door handle on the passenger side,

But at that price i`ll probably buy the parts anyway

Cheers
Adrian

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah i went in, asked for parts, they ordered in, he said £4 something (i got 2 paddles + 2 springs, 1 set for if it happens again)

and when it's cold my locks always freeze up, so i have to sometimes use passenger side, so i haven't gone non-locking handle

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members