Sound system

Damien84

Mar 6, 2015
Is the sound system worth the upgrade over the normal 8 speakers.

Where are the additional speakers fitted?

Cheers Damien

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Not the best image but i think this is correct

seat-leon-2013-infotainment.jpg

Ive not been in a car without it, but it sounds ok to me... nothing special.

Rayman

Jan 7, 2015
Ireland
If you like bass it is.

There is an extra speaker in the centre of the dash and the sub in the boot. You will loose the spare in place of a space saver.

as far as the extras go, i thought this was worth it.

Rayman

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
I've got it and really like it though haven't heard a Leon without it. For all the cost is especially when you consider it includes the space saver then I think it offers good value.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
the options blurb says 9 speakers in one part of the brochure and "10 speakers including boot mounted sub" in another part of it. basically you get 4 speakers each side, a sub in the rear and centre dash mounted one that fires upward toward the windscreen.

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Does anyone else suffer from vibrating door cards with anything remotely bassy (with the Seat sound)?

I don't think I have the rattling door card problem but I notice a high pitch vibrating from the passenger side when listening to something with a bit more boomf. I have the sub on +2 and the two left most EQ settings on 2 and 3 (l-r).

Jimlad86

Mar 30, 2010
Gloucestershire
Im confused! I bought second hand and I wasnt aware that i had the upgraded sound system...but i have a speaker in my dashboard pointing to the windscreen! Unless the grill is there even when you dont have it?

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
Im confused! I bought second hand and I wasnt aware that i had the upgraded sound system...but i have a speaker in my dashboard pointing to the windscreen! Unless the grill is there even when you dont have it?

I think they all have that grill but there's probably nothing underneath it if you don't have the upgraded system.

IIRC someone posted a pic of what's under the speaker cover (they didn't have the seat sound system)

If you have the upgraded system, there' will be a sub in the spare wheel in the boot and a 'SEAT SOUND' badge across the speakers on the drivers and passenger doors.

Last edited:

Rayman

Jan 7, 2015
Ireland
Does anyone else suffer from vibrating door cards with anything remotely bassy (with the Seat sound)?

I don't think I have the rattling door card problem but I notice a high pitch vibrating from the passenger side when listening to something with a bit more boomf. I have the sub on +2 and the two left most EQ settings on 2 and 3 (l-r).

I have tested mine with sub on max and 1st left eq on max. nothing vibrates in the cabin apart from my fillings and internal organs.

:D

iBeech

Mar 4, 2015
I can also confirm that this is a great upgrade. Especially if you tweak the equalizer appropriately. Well worth the cash.

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
It seems I may need to investigate the vibration then. Turning my sub up to more than 3 causes a fair few rattles

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE

yes i seem to experience this

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london

i did not any more after sound proofing the door cards

i noticed seat have added more sound proofing on later cars , i dropped this panel on mine and it does not have the white foam in there like the one below

dashcam09.JPG

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
i did not any more after sound proofing the door cards

i noticed seat have added more sound proofing on later cars , i dropped this panel on mine and it does not have the white foam in there like the one below

dashcam09.JPG

That's my pic/car, it's 2013 built MY2014 model.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members