South Wales Cupras Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Coz we seem to be spamming up a load of other threads with banter maybe its a good idea to keep it all in here?

And the fact we all live close.

Anyone up for some logging soon?

Last edited:

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
yeah i'd say you'd probably have to strip the front bumper off to get the car on standard halfords ramps, if you'r jacking the car up with the intention of putting axle stands under the front skirt jacking points where do you jack from as you obviously cant use both at the same time!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Tom, i used maplin switch cleaner for mine, which is basically the same as isopropynol. Took the entire tube out and sprayed it loads and left it for a bit. I got some pics as well.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
that guy with that lifter thing in his garage that fitted his bilsteins with....that is mint! :D

when iv always put the car on some stands...lift the car up on the jack and just stick the stands somewhere structure solid (not the sill!) or theres a mount underneath the subframe iv used now an again
not sure wot it is exactly but holds alrite.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
I wish there was somewhere where you could rent time on a ramp!

I remember reading about a scheme which a guy in scotland was doing where you paid an hourly rate, or something, and could rent a part of the garage and tools.
Which was good, if you wanted to do the work yourself, and didnt have the tools.
Or there would be help on hand if you needed it.

It was cheaper than labour costs too.

I've got access to a pit, but its probably a little late to try to arrange it now.

I aint got stock tip either, i've got the RSD larger bore one, so probably even less room!

May wait and fit the Decat at the same time!

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
decat....:doh:

yeah a garage for hire would be cool, if i had the space an the tools id be happy to do most jobs on the car

but as it is i live on a bend with a sloping driveway...so everything gets done in the middle of the road :D

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Right, back to this.....Dave if you'd gimme a hand with the wiring of the guages that would be great, i'll have a look at the sender mounting points as soon as i can.

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
not a prolem tom, martyn damn im jealous of your mass air flow and your actual vs. requested, my car is running the same revo settings as yourself and mine isnt as smooth as yours, maybe down to stage 2? im assuming you have a 4 bar fpr?

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
would you put the smoothness down to stage 2 code then? did you jump straight to stage 2 code or did you have stage1 first and log it, jonzys running stage 2 but is only drawing 150g/s max and mine is on stage 1 and its also round 150g/s max so im confused how yours is making 160g/s!!!

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
im guessing by that you mean your fitting the completely new exhaust monday then? im kind of hoping its going to smooth out your actual vs. requested graph to like martyns, if so i think i'll be tempted to go for stage 2 code, that still doesnt explain martyns 160g/s airflow though does it?

and matt wheres my guide to the N249 bypass you barstewerd!

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
I went upto forge on the day they released the product and had them sort it out

it cost about 50quid for fitting and took about an hour an half. Its well worth just getting forge to fit it tbh. lots of new shiny jubilee clips (worth about a tenner or more anyway)

and they fixed a few leaks i had! car was **** loads better on the way home :D

Last edited:

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
woo hoo nice to hear daz you'll notice the difference straight away! unless you've been running around with it unplugged and if you did that you might of seen flames out of your miltek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise