South Wales Rolling Road Day

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Under an hour left to get your power estimate posted to be in with a chance of winning a free run on the Dyno.

Just finished a Stage 1 map on a PD150 which will be on the rollers tomorrow, be interesting to see what it makes :)

RSAlex

Oct 29, 2013
Under an hour left to get your power estimate posted to be in with a chance of winning a free run on the Dyno.

Just finished a Stage 1 map on a PD150 which will be on the rollers tomorrow, be interesting to see what it makes :)

Looking forward to seeing what it makes Dan, did you map it yourself?

Any updates from the mkIV forum?

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
It already had a mild stage 1 map on it, which I used as a base map to work from. Should have just used my own i think - needed a lot of work. Fairly happy with the result as the car is 100% stock, desperately needs a decent exhaust and a de-cat. Felt pretty quick though.

No updates from there, although I think Nate (number 5 on the list - his car) would want to revise his guess but he hasn't mentioned it. :(

RSAlex

Oct 29, 2013
It already had a mild stage 1 map on it, which I used as a base map to work from. Should have just used my own i think - needed a lot of work. Fairly happy with the result as the car is 100% stock, desperately needs a decent exhaust and a de-cat. Felt pretty quick though.

No updates from there, although I think Nate (number 5 on the list - his car) would want to revise his guess but he hasn't mentioned it. :(

Cool, hopefully you'll get good results.

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Will be interesting either way :)

Just had a txt back from Nate - can we update him to 190hp please? (he seems happy!)

Last edited:

GJF47

May 15, 2011
Hirwaun, South Wales
I'm not going to make it sorry guys. The baby still hasn't arrived and I don't want to leave the missus here on her own as it could be any minute now.

I've got a new car too so the LCR is up for sale now :(

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
I'm not going to make it sorry guys. The baby still hasn't arrived and I don't want to leave the missus here on her own as it could be any minute now.

Can't say i blame you - i would be exactly the same. Best of luck :)

RSAlex

Oct 29, 2013
Will be interesting either way :)

Just had a txt back from Nate - can we update him to 190hp please? (he seems happy!)

Yep sure, I'll update it now Dan.

No problem mate, all the best :)

RSAlex

Oct 29, 2013
Updated list:

1. RSAlex - Seat Ibiza TDI - 170 bhp / 280 ft.lb
2. Charlesz1066 - Seat Altea TDI - 135 bhp / 220 ft.lb
3. Pigeon Fancier - Leon Cupra r - 273 bhp / 250 ft.lb
4. Dan FR - Leon FR TFSI - 260 bhp / 280 ft.lb
5. Nath PD150 (Nate_G UK-MKIVS) - Golf PD150 - 190 bhp / 320(???) ft.lb
6. Scott - Focus ST mk2 (Contact through RSAlex) - 260 bhp / 298 ft.lb
7. Josh - Fabia PD130 (Contact through Nate_G) - Fabia PD130 - 175 bhp (est) / ??? ft.lb
8. Willz17 (SCN) - Audi S3 - 350 bhp / 340 ft.lb
9. Greg (SCN) - leon supercopa tdi - 170 bhp / 258 ft.lb
10. Chris (SCN) - Seat Leon FR TDi - 221 bhp / ??? ft.lb
11. taffyR - TSR/Motec. ibiza mk3 cupraR - 353 bhp / 300 ft.lb ( Owen Dev. tuned)
12. daz 1412 (Briskoda.net) - mk2 Skoda Fabia vRS - ??? bhp / ??? ft.lb
13. Valyboi (UK-MKIVS) - Mk4 Golf GTI - ???
14. William (contact via mccarf) - mk2 golf - ???
15. Andy (contact via mccarf) - mk4 golf - ???
16. bowen (Briskoda.net) - mk2 Focus ST - 260 bhp / ??? ft.lb

Possible/Dependant on circumstances:

TolSport - Mazda 2 Sport 1.6Tdi - 90 bhp / 151 ft.lb
mccarf (Briskoda.net) - Octavia vRS mk2 - 197 bhp / 207 ft.lb
GJF47 - Leon Cupra R - ??????
daiedwards5 - mk1 Leon Cupra R - ?????

Still not too late for people to join. Feel free to pop along tomorrow to run your car on the dyno, or even just for a nose and a chat.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow :)

Cheers

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Hi guys, great day today although it was freezing!!!!!

Can you post your bhp figures and model of car on here so that I can put it up with the video that I will sort when I have time?

Currently converting the videos so may take a while!

Cheers
Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Nice to meet you today mate, the S3 sounded awesome :love: Was rather chilly but well worth it :)

Mine was the White MK2 Leon, made 270hp at the flywheel :) Good luck tracking down the boost issue - fingers crossed its something cheap and easy to fix.

taffyR

May 15, 2006
TREALAW/ RHONDDA S.WALES
Hi guys, great day today although it was freezing!!!!!

Can you post your bhp figures and model of car on here so that I can put it up with the video that I will sort when I have time?

Currently converting the videos so may take a while!

Cheers
Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, Great day. sorry i had to leave early for work. Hope you all enjoyed...:drool: Air exchange a little poor( couldnt understand why huge fan at rear and tiny fan in front) but good knowledgeable guys at gotboost !!!
323BHP/318LB/FT

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Nice to meet you today mate, the S3 sounded awesome :love: Was rather chilly but well worth it :)

Mine was the White MK2 Leon, made 270hp at the flywheel :) Good luck tracking down the boost issue - fingers crossed its something cheap and easy to fix.

Cheers mate :)
I cant wait to see your car at stage 2+ :p
Go buy a new uprated fuel pump and upgrade to stage 2+! its well worth it.
I went for the Loba HPFP, which is equally as good/better than the APR one.
Didnt really want to get the internals as i heard it was a hit or miss!

But yeah was nice meeting everyone today, really enjoyed it even though we were down on numbers! Thanks again RSAlex for organising this day :thumbup:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.