Spare car key not working. Can't seem to resync despite following instructions in manual.

Oct 8, 2022
I have also replaced the battery so it isn't that.

The manual says:

If the button UNLOCK BUTTON is pressed frequently outside of the vehicle range, it is possible that the vehicle can no longer be locked or unlocked using the key. In this case, the key must be resynchronised as described below:

• Remove the key blade from the vehicle key
  • Press the UNLOCK button on the vehicle key. For this, it must remain with the vehicle. (confused about this part)
  • Open the vehicle within one minute using the key blade. The key has been synchronised.
  • If necessary, fit the cap
Anyone know any solutions or can tell me if I'm following these instructions wrong ? Thanks

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I have also replaced the battery so it isn't that.

There are lots of fake batteries on sale.

If you’ve not already done so, try swapping the battery in your spare key fob with the one in your primary key fob to see if the spare key fob then works. If it does, then you’ll know it’s a battery issue.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
It's worth checking the new battery you put in is producing 1.5V; I've had a few that were DOA.
Also, if it's a Duracell, check to see that there isn't a small piece of clear plastic covering the negative side of the battery.
Been caught with that one before.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Also, when I've replaced batteries the new battery (a genuine one) just didn't work the first time. I had to remove the new battery and wait a couple of minutes, put it back in and then it worked fine.

The key fob has a red LED next to the buttons, that should flash when you press unlock, if the LED isn't flashing then your battery isn't any good - or try the tip above.

Oct 8, 2022
There are lots of fake batteries on sale.

If you’ve not already done so, try swapping the battery in your spare key fob with the one in your primary key fob to see if the spare key fob then works. If it does, then you’ll know it’s a battery issue.
I have tried this and the light flashes on the remote in both cases but the key will not work or sync with my car.

Oct 8, 2022
It's worth checking the new battery you put in is producing 1.5V; I've had a few that were DOA.
Also, if it's a Duracell, check to see that there isn't a small piece of clear plastic covering the negative side of the battery.
Been caught with that one before.
Yeah it is. I tried the battery from my working key and even then they key doesn't work

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise