Spare Wheel info

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
My Leon has no spare wheel so I am trying to source one but have nothing to actually go off. Can anybody who has got one maybe tell me what size the tyre is on theirs, i've found a few space savers on ebay which i'm watching but ideally i'd like to buy one knowing its got the best chance of actually fitting.

I know the standard wheels are 5X100, offset 35-38 and hub diameter 57.1 but nothing anywhere tells you what size the wheel is.

Any info would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
seeing you got a petrol leon cupra, guess they be the people who could best advise
i have a steel spare, and am looking to change for a starfish alloy

sizes, that means going outside in this weather, sorry but that ain't happening :(

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
seeing you got a petrol leon cupra, guess they be the people who could best advise
i have a steel spare, and am looking to change for a starfish alloy

sizes, that means going outside in this weather, sorry but that ain't happening :(
Yeah don't go out now, you'll catch ya death lol

Yeah im looking at a space saver anyway really.
I see you're in shrewsbury, I work in shrewsbury but live in market drayton.

I'm looking to change to the starfish alloys, think they look so good on the Leon, adds about £30 a tyre though lol. I've got the 16 multi spokes on mine.

Jan 22, 2007
yeah, got the starfish on mine; would like one as a spare though mainly for aesthetics when have puncture
got falken 452 on it and thing was £70 a corner all in

not keen on space savers and the mini has runflat which are horrible but looking at toyo proxies on that and can of squirt - just hope i never need it...

work in oswestry so nice a5 ride everyday!!

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
yeah, got the starfish on mine; would like one as a spare though mainly for aesthetics when have puncture
got falken 452 on it and thing was £70 a corner all in

not keen on space savers and the mini has runflat which are horrible but looking at toyo proxies on that and can of squirt - just hope i never need it...

work in oswestry so nice a5 ride everyday!!

A mini as well, what mini do you have? A lot of people aren't keen on the runflats due to the stiffer ride, they do seem to have been softened a little since they first came out (aparently anyway).
You got 17's on the mini as well? their the same size tyres as the star fish aint they? 225/45 17? (obviously not if you have the 16' lol)

Theres nothing stopping you ditching the runflats, the wheels themselves aren't any different as a result of being runflat and you can get a proper little tyre gunk kit that goes into the side panel in the boot out of the way

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
cooper with 16's i think - should have been clearer the cooper is the gf's but i do drive it a lot as quite chuckable but want more feel from the road and getting rid of runflats will help

Yes they are quite chuckable, like little go karts aren't they. Shame they rattle so much inside the damn things. It a new shape or old?

Jan 22, 2007
new shapeish on 54 plate
do feel hollow on the inside but do like the old style switches and the fact can turn on rear fogs independent of fronts so can annoy those behind who drive like planks with front on all time.

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
just been told by garage need two new fronts so there goes my spare cash and 80k service is due soon to boot

Ooh nasty, think i'm just going to service mine myself, can't bring myself to pay somebody to do something I do for a living lol. Think if I had a brand spanker then I would want the stamps, like my mum has a brand new clio which is due its first service soon, renault are rip off merchants on the service front, her servicing is more expensive than a BMW, its lunacy.

Jan 22, 2007
her servicing is more expensive than a BMW, its lunacy.
that is plain wrong, but they do sell cars at lossish and recoup on service as people too scared or no knowledge.

I'm in the no knowledge group, though scared i would fess it up

vw inchcape in shrewsbury is 80+VAT per hour - gave me confidence
furrows in shrewsbury is 70+VAT per hour - no knowledge in service dept from my exp

now i'm scared where you work in shrewsbury!!!!

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
that is plain wrong, but they do sell cars at lossish and recoup on service as people too scared or no knowledge.

I'm in the no knowledge group, though scared i would fess it up

vw inchcape in shrewsbury is 80+VAT per hour - gave me confidence
furrows in shrewsbury is 70+VAT per hour - no knowledge in service dept from my exp

now i'm scared where you work in shrewsbury!!!!
Yes is a dear business but I guess for a tenner more it's better to have the confidence, I'm looking at buying leon parts from ted johnsson by mail order as I find Crewe to be ignorant.

Don't worry I don't work at either of those 2, I'm at rybrook hence knowing the Mini stuff a bit.

Jan 22, 2007
ah, & mini needs a service as well.
is bluebell round corner anything to do with rybrook?

you mean lc charles@crewe?

i've had mine serviced with them since i bought it, 50k ago and not had a real issue, yes thick enough like i think most places are but honest when i've needed them to be
not easiest but cheap & convenient enough for me to prefer over others and nearest seat dealership, except for next to work on osw but stupid prices last i asked them for info

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
the run flats are a real pain , had to keep putting air in mine if i hit a pot hole it would triger the light and have to reset/pump air in ,

my uncles cooper S is lovely mind , not problems with his , and the power in that is awsome

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
ah, & mini needs a service as well.
is bluebell round corner anything to do with rybrook?

you mean lc charles@crewe?

i've had mine serviced with them since i bought it, 50k ago and not had a real issue, yes thick enough like i think most places are but honest when i've needed them to be
not easiest but cheap & convenient enough for me to prefer over others and nearest seat dealership, except for next to work on osw but stupid prices last i asked them for info

It occurred to me after that I didnt actually say which bit of Rybrook lol as its now split into BMW and Mini is seperate down on featherbed lane. I'm at the BM workshop but theres only 2 lads down at Mini at present so we do a lot of mini's still.

I didnt know bluebell were in Shrewsbury but no nothing linked to us as far as i'm aware.

Yes I do me lc charles, maybe I've just spoken to the wrong people but both times i've called them I have spoken to ignorant people who made it feel like I was really hindering their day, one time was to one of the parts staff, the other i'm not sure who they were.

i guess different people have different experiences, it was enough to put me off unless I was desperate for something.

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
the run flats are a real pain , had to keep putting air in mine if i hit a pot hole it would triger the light and have to reset/pump air in ,

my uncles cooper S is lovely mind , not problems with his , and the power in that is awsome

what car was that on Andrew? Sounds like a dodgy system to me unless hitting the bumps was actually managing to cause a loss of air significant enough to trigger the system.

Has he got a new Cooper S (turbo) or old one (supercharger)?

They're good fun cars driving wise, interiors are like all the others and rattle and creak something awful, what I call a 'turn your radio up' car.
My Leon has a rattle from the back somewhere which drives me mad when I have passengers, when i'm alone which is most of the time its drowned out by Queen or something so I dont mind too much plus it didnt cost me what a mini would.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.