Speaker Advice Wanted

Jordash

Thats fine Hellfire,

Thanks for getting back to me. I shall keep trawling and post up if I finally work out how it's done!

Cheers,

Dash

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Just had some Pioneer speakers fitted today front and rear and have to say the difference is amazing.... before i had the bass on +7 and it sounded awful, now its on +2 and thumping!!!! To be honest i wasn't expecting such a difference and was prepared to have to dig a bit deeper and maybe get a sub + amp but im quite happy now and was fairly cheap (£130)

:D

Anyone who is undecided go for it, you won't be dissapointed!!

Jordash

Well I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for something a bit beefier in the speaker department. I'm planning on putting a new set of components in the front, then putting and amp and sub in. The amp will be used to power all speakers and I'll disconnect the rears.
I know I've got to convert the speaker out to RCA pre-out, any other bits of useful advice you can give me? Has anyone had the front door cards off and willing to shed some light on how to do it?

Cheers,

Dash

cupraII

Dec 23, 2007
Just had some Pioneer speakers fitted today front and rear and have to say the difference is amazing.... before i had the bass on +7 and it sounded awful, now its on +2 and thumping!!!! To be honest i wasn't expecting such a difference and was prepared to have to dig a bit deeper and maybe get a sub + amp but im quite happy now and was fairly cheap (£130)

:D

Anyone who is undecided go for it, you won't be dissapointed!!

What is the model of the speakers you fitted? Did they fit in the standard slot or were mods required. Im only looking to change the front drivers as I have come from a Mk1 R and sound quality from the main driver is 'sooooooo lacking' Thanks

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
What is the model of the speakers you fitted? Did they fit in the standard slot or were mods required. Im only looking to change the front drivers as I have come from a Mk1 R and sound quality from the main driver is 'sooooooo lacking' Thanks

will have to dig the boxes out of my wheely bin m8!!!!!

They were Pioneer Kevlar speakers 17" and needed some spacers but thats all... i didnt fit them the shop did