sport pd130

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Due to the loss of my much beloved Toledo TDI I'm looking at replacing it with a Mk4 Ibiza TDI Sport 130 with the Six-speed gearbox.

What comes with this car, Climate control, Six speed box, Air con, 16" alloys, Fogs anything else? What about trip/mpg computer, or cruise control?

Does the Passat W8 light fit at all? What fitment are the dipped bulbs (will be fitting HID's).

I'm aware that the engine is sometimes putting out more power than advertised, is this true? What normally is put out?

Any help or comments welcome :)

STU

Man About Town
Jun 25, 2003
Out n About
Visit site
Hi mate, you get climate control, trip computer, electric heated door mirrors, side air bags, alarm with interior protection, six speed box, 16" alloys, front fogs, oil temp and volt gauges. At least thats on my 2003 130 sport, I seem to remember Seat doing the penny pinching on later models removing the extra gauges and the boot lamp ffs but I may be wrong.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
cruise was not standard but can be retrofitted like mine on my fr

do a search on cruise mate and look at one of the most reacent threads

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Thanks for the replies folks... if I get a model without the bootlight is it easily fitted if I buy from Seat?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Thanks for the replies folks... if I get a model without the bootlight is it easily fitted if I buy from Seat?

nope

the wiring loom is also missing, well it is on mine

same thing with the glove box light

the fag lighter socket is an easy mod from a mk3 (with a bulb)and wire it into the illumination wire on the traction control button down by the handbrake

then you will want the 3rd sun visor, chrome bling goodies, pd160 intake with green cotton filter, flipkey, lcr splitter and also a remap.........the list goes on

;)

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
oh don't you just keep reminding me of all the thing i have left to do :doh:. i do miss that 3rd sunviser though

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Good choice of car...

All of the above comments are correct...

Ive seen power ranging from 130-145bhp... at the flywheel, as standard.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Sounds good to me - I'll have a look for an earlier model that has the Volt & Oil dials then so that I've got the boot and glovebox lights... if the loom was there it wouldn't be a problem but I don't want to buy a new car and start messing around with it.

I'll see whats available at the time, what MPG do you guys roughly get on average?

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
My average is 51 mpg over 3k miles...

Instant mpg can get into the 60's but when ragging it mine dropps to low 40's

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I get high 50's from my FR (mid 60's if you believe the trip computer!), but the FR's gearing is slightly different IIRC - not sure how much difference that would make

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Yes AFAIK all sport TDI's come with rear solid discs as standard...

not that they do anything!

Ive PM'd you Chris on the other site,;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.