Sportrider ride height

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Not that I'm a big fan of lowered suspension but I have noticed that my dads 1.4 sportrider is considerably lower than my 1.8T FR, even though the 2 cars have the same wheels/tyres fitted.

Dads sportrider deffo looks to me like it is lowered, theres hardly any clearance between the arches and top of tyres, where as I can get my hand in there on my FR.

Anyone give a explanation of why this is?

Don't bother posting about fitting coilovers cos it's not going to happen, I'm not really bothered about it but I would like to know why there is a difference

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Does the ride feel any different? I thought the FR had my sporty suspension as standard, not sure if they ride height is any different. I guess Seat could have had loads of Cupra suspension parts left over and ended up fitting them to Sportriders :think: But even then you should be able to get your hand in there.

roccotune

Jun 2, 2008
I have often wondered about this. Many times when i park next to a random ibiza in a car park i notice how much higher my car is.

I that it comes down to age of car, mostly the cars i see that are lower are a range of trim levels from around 2006 onwards. My car is on an 05 plate.

having said that mine seems to be the highest i ever see :cry:

Maybe ill try and spot the spring colour codes next time i see one[B)]

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
this is my sportrider height :shrug:

DSC00366.jpg

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
hmm not clear from that picture, black car at night on an angle.... my sport looks high might have a pic somewhere, i'm not really a fan of taking pics of my own car.

Billbatov

Oct 31, 2009
Bedfordshire
This is my Sportrider.

i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv138/Billbatov/Cars/2009-08-21140049.jpg

I can't post properly becuase I'm still a newbie!!

Dragonseat

High Ride

My wife's TDI Sportrider has always sat high (08 plate). If i was to keep it I would probably lower it a fraction to suit the standard kit on it. However, as much as she loves it we probably have nevr had such a noisy car for commuting..... changed tyres but have been told it's a characteristic.... shame because it is otherwise ideal.....
Bocanegra? Nope, have been told in the trade they are a gimmick and best spend money elsewhere. The new Ibiza doen't do it for us. The new Leon is no longer 'new' so we are stumped..... Def. a VW group replacement.... just don't know what. :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise