spraying chrome wing mirrors. HOW?????

Apr 27, 2008
hello,

i have a cupra and with it having standard chrome mirrors am wanting them cc. gave them to my mate last night so he can do them at work and he is having a really hard time doing it because the paint wont grip. so he wants to no if anyone has done it, how did they do it? :confused: did you get new mirrors? what grade of scotch did you use? did you just paint striaght on? (which isn't the best idea because it will just peel off) he has all the best plastic primers etc but even with them they need to grip

any help would be much appreciated

cheers

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
new covers are only about 15 quid apparently, think standard on cupras are supposed to be gloss black arnt they? I know my fr had cupra ones on when i bought it and they are gloss black?

Maybe better off just getting new covers and selling the chrome ones? Will probably end up making your money back :)

Apr 27, 2008
no mate they are chrome as standard on mine, when i got the car i asked the guy if he had changed them to chrome and he got the car like it brand new.

Apr 27, 2008
if anyone wants to swap my chrome ones for there normal one that would be great :whistle: it doesn't matter what colour they are because they will be getting sprayed black anyways

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise