Spring in flip key

Deleted member 20376

Im having problems with the button and spring in my flip key ive seen on here berfore a guide on how to take to key apart but cant find it. i have taken my key apart but not the key seems to flip the other way so if flips down quick instead of flipping out to start the car.
does any one no where the guide is or can help me.

also the button has only ever worked when i press it to flip the key out it does need the button to be folded away does anyelse key do this its the 2 button flip key.

thanks in advance.
i have searched and couldnt find it.
sorry if its a repost.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Take off badge, remove screw.

Pull key apart.

Prise open key section (sometimes this is difficult, I normally get a screwdriver and levvy it on the blade to prise it open).

Buttons should work whether key is in or out.

You've just spun the key the wrong way when it's been put back together again, 2 minute job to fix it.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Thinking about it I don't even know how you've managed that. You only have to turn the spring a couple of times clockwise and put back the key blade in the open position and close the cover. Off the top of the head anway, it's been a few months since I had my key open.

Deleted member 20376

you have the spring tensioned the wrong way round, it is easy to do......i did it too:whistle:

:lol: at least im not the only one then ill give it spin the other way.
any ideas on the button working though do you think that maybe the plastic has broke or has worn down that it only does it one way. :shrug:

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
That button query is just plain weird - unless having the spring wound the wrong way, something has broken contact somewhere, and it's only pressed together with the key out.

I have the 3 button key, but I'm sure the 2 button one is the same

Deleted member 20376

ill have to have another look. its been like that since i got the car but im the 2nd owner so i wasnt sure if it had been looked at before.

Deleted member 20376

That button query is just plain weird - unless having the spring wound the wrong way, something has broken contact somewhere, and it's only pressed together with the key out.

I have the 3 button key, but I'm sure the 2 button one is the same

sorted now. springs better still not sure about the button though. it seems like the person who had it before has warn the plastic away as it seems to click it self when the key is pushed down. is it a lot of hassle trying to reprogram a new key, it looks easy but ive read some post and they have had trouble.:confused:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
You could get a new top section for about £12 off ebay. They do come up a fair bit and you can swap over the transponder and blade etc.. Some even come with a new blank.

Deleted member 20376

You could get a new top section for about £12 off ebay. They do come up a fair bit and you can swap over the transponder and blade etc.. Some even come with a new blank.

my m8 owns a garage and has a spare VW one that he dont know what car its for lol so i may just swap it over wid that. found a cupra r sticker off ebay £5 though bit steep for what it is. well its the r32 sticker which is similar.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise