springs ...... again!

tills7

The Devil made me buy it!
Sep 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I'm sure there are over 50,000 suspension related posts on here but all I wanted was a answer that was specific to my car and needs so thought id post, see what I get back.

I'm looking at fitting some lowering springs, cant be forking out for coilovers atm (later date i'm sure) - having the cupra (mk4) im hoping the dampers, springs, bushes are all of an uprated nature already :confused: - been looking at Eibach and H&R both around £200, both suggest a drop of around 30mm! what I really want to know is if my current shocks will be ok on lowered springs or get fried in a month??

Also what is the difference between coilovers and having a uprated springs/dampers combination??

sorry for ANOTHER suspention related post but I hope one of u kind brainy folk show pity on me and shed some light :whistle:

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Coilovers are basically a height adjustable springs and shocks kit.

The CUpra will have uprated dampers but it's always best to get matched springs and shocks as it'll give you better handling and also better ride quality but depending on the mileage they've done, with a small drop like the ones your looking at the should be fine for a few thousand miles.

Both the Eibach's and the H&R's are a lot cheaper then £200 though:

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ibi...5.html?zenid=87f31d2e607dc3543e0e42954429ebc3

Damian @ DPM Performance

tills7

Sep 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
OMG just seen - Damian u are 'the man' to advise on this stuff.... Just been having a nose through your site, any recommendation's? Could be putting an order in with u very swiftly :)

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
If your wanting just springs then the Eibach's or H&R's are both pretty good choices, also look at the KW and Weitec.

Damian @ DPM Performance

tills7

Sep 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Guess that's gonna be about the same for the others to? Sounds ok to me, but your sites got me nosing sets now :doh:

tills7

Sep 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Ok, ok last one I swear :) narrowed it down to the H&R (29333-3) or the KW (25081035) lowering spring sets - could u, or anyone sway me to one or the other! :think:;)

tills7

Sep 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Nice one, with the extra drop tbh I was thinking the same ;) the rear ones look easy enough to do myself, but think I might palm the fronts off to a garage :whistle: ta muchly for all your input :worship:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.